Save $100 on CompTIA Advanced Security Practioner (CASP) Voucher

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just received an e-mail from CompTIA. Buy the voucher before December 17th and take the exam before December 31st.

Use Promo Code CASP100B

Also if you take the test before 12/31 you will be entered into a drawing for a $500 American Express card. And receive 20% off your next CompTIA purchase after you complete the CASP.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Any good known material for this certification?
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Well it says it is a good exam for people on the CISSP track, which I am, so I will be taking this exam next month (Planning on the week before Halloween) and will post a full write up on it (without revealing any of the actual material of course).

I would imagine really any InfoSec material will be relevant, I will be using two CISSP books to study for it, and really all it will do is kind of guage how well i am progressing towards CISSP.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT, this is in another thread.
    Darril wrote: »
    I took the CASP beta exam back in May and heard from them yesterday. I passed. Wooo Hooo! I'm interested to see how well this cert will be received or embraced. As a side note, I queried CompTIA and they told me that all the workshops are completed for this so we should start to see more news soon.

If you're interested, I did do a couple of blogs on CASP.
    CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (Beta Exam) My Experience
    CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)

Darril Gibson
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    N2IT, this is in another thread.

Thanks for this, +1 and Rep. :)

I am hoping that his SSCP guide will be equal to his Security+ book. I would want SSCP before CASP. :)

I also wonder if the CASP will be lifetime or not?
  • apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well it says it is a good exam for people on the CISSP track, which I am, so I will be taking this exam next month (Planning on the week before Halloween) and will post a full write up on it (without revealing any of the actual material of course).

I would imagine really any InfoSec material will be relevant, I will be using two CISSP books to study for it, and really all it will do is kind of guage how well i am progressing towards CISSP.

Watch yourself there. I took the Beta version of the exam and while I am still waiting for results, I can say the beta had very little crossover with the CISSP field of study. Yes they are both security exams but thats about the extent of the crossover I would give them.

CASP is very much technololgy related
    CISSP is very much policy related
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    It's not much, but I wrote ten practice test questions a while ago for the CASP exam and recently posted them in a blog. You can see them here: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Practice Questions

Darril Gibson
    blog
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    apr911 wrote: »
    CASP is very much technololgy related
    CISSP is very much policy related

Oh really? I passed the CISSP and thought it was too far out of touch with technology, I'm a computer guy not a policy guy. I see it's usefulness, but I really didn't enjoy studying the material. I've been looking at the CASP but am not sure if it's something I'd like to go for... if it's more technology based than theory based, I might have to put it on my short list of exams to take!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.