Getting Associate instead of CISSP

vakvak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need ASAP to get the DoD IASAE Level II Certification - which means CISSP or CISSP Associate.

If I am taking the exam, will be I certified authomaticaly as Associate before ISC2 would finish the CISSP endorcement
check/etc or it will take the same time?

Could I pass 2 tests - one as Associate and one as CISSP w/o waiting time between exams? I booked CISSP in 2 weeks.

Thank you.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The "Associate" designation indicates that you have passed the CISSP exam, but have not been endorsed by an (ISC)2 member, had your professional work experience verified, etc.

Once you have received an email from the (ISC)2 confirming that you have passed the CISSP exam, and you can see your record on www.isc2.org (important for certification verification by your employer), you will have the "Associate of the (ISC)2 for the CISSP" designation.
  • WutWut Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The "Associate" designation indicates that you have passed the CISSP exam, but have not been endorsed by an (ISC)2 member, had your professional work experience verified, etc.

Once you have received an email from the (ISC)2 confirming that you have passed the CISSP exam, and you can see your record on www.isc2.org (important for certification verification by your employer), you will have the "Associate of the (ISC)2 for the CISSP" designation.

Hello JDMurray,

Please let me know how to see my record on www.isc2.org ? And how long does it take for ISC2 to place the record on that website ?

I just got confirmation email on last Friday and I found nothing on www.isc2.org relate to my status at this moment.

Thank you for your anwsers :)
  • vakvak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Once you have received an email from the (ISC)2 confirming that you have passed the CISSP exam, and you can see your record on isc2's website (important for certification verification by your employer), you will have the "Associate of the (ISC)2 for the CISSP" designation.

Dear JDMurray,

How long does it take for ISC2 to put it on their website and how to check it ?

I received confirmation email from ISC2 last week but I can't find anything you mention on ISC2's website.

Thank you :)
    Log into www.isc2.org using your member account and check your status. It should be available by the time you receive your email. Contact the (ISC)2 directly if you are having problems using their Web site.
    Log into isc2 website using your member account and check your status. It should be available by the time you receive your email. Contact the (ISC)2 directly if you are having problems using their Web site.
    Do you mean log in to isc2 and go to "My profile" ?

My membership status still "Nonmember" under Membership Status
    Wut wrote: »
    My membership status still "Nonmember" under Membership Status
    Then you should email the (ISC)2 and ask what's up with that.
    Then you should email the (ISC)2 and ask what's up with that.

I take "CISSP Exam" ,not "CISSP Associate of (ISC)2 Exam". Might this be the cause ?
    Wut wrote: »
    I take "CISSP Exam" ,not "CISSP Associate of (ISC)2 Exam". Might this be the cause ?
    There is only one CISSP exam. There is not a different exam for the "Associate" designation. Every CISSP candidate is an "Associate" after they pass the CISSP exam, and before they fulfill the other requirements of the CISSP certification.
    There is only one CISSP exam. There is not a different exam for the "Associate" designation. Every CISSP candidate is an "Associate" after they pass the CISSP exam, and before they fulfill the other requirements of the CISSP certification.

OK, I will write to ISC2 asking about this then.

Thank you very much :)