Options

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edi

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
I was about to start my studies for the CCNA and was thinking about the book CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801) by Todd Lammle.

It appears to be a good book with good reviews.

If it is my only source will i be able to do well on the exam?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i suggest looking at some other resources along with it.. i used sybex 4th edition.. it was a easy read but it lacked in some areas i got hit hard at during my test (luckily i had actual experience to draw from)
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    alexgnealexgne Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keenon wrote:
    i suggest looking at some other resources along with it.. i used sybex 4th edition.. it was a easy read but it lacked in some areas i got hit hard at during my test (luckily i had actual experience to draw from)

I am using 5th edition. What did you get in the test that wasn't covered i the 4th edition?
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    And dont forget to get the hands on practice, it is important to get on the equipment and practice. Good luck
  • Options
    alexgnealexgne Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To pass CCNA, I think it's important to get familiar with the simulator and exam type questions.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Im sure all of these topics are covered here on the forums, and i apolagize if it is. School is going again and with work+school+cert study i dont have much leisure time to search anymore.

What equipment is needed to get the hands on for the CCNA, and what is a decent price to pay.

Also if sim software is sufficient what is the best software?
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Im sure all of these topics are covered here on the forums, and i apolagize if it is. School is going again and with work+school+cert study i dont have much leisure time to search anymore. quote]

Thats just a straight up statement! If you dont have time to search... then do you have time to study the material? With Cisco or any certifications, or for that matter, any type of school work... isnt the definition of studying... searching some form of information?
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."