Options

Best CCNP book.

Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I plan on passing my CCNA this weekend coming up. (Yes that's how confident I am with my knowledge of everything I've studied) I am trying to plan ahead and order some CCNP route books. Apparently Todd Lammele doesn't offer any.
I have only seen Chris Bryant and his insane package of stuff, and Wendell with his Cisco press. Though I've heard Cisco press isn't that good for NP because of the mass amount of errors.

Before I ramble on too much like Mr CBTnuggets.. which book(s) are worth getting for the route track? Thanks for any feedback :)

Comments

• Options
    ccie2beccie2be Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [h=1]Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide and CBT Nuggets ROUTE. Labbing wouldnt hurt either. =o)[/h]
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I'm currently going through the FLG for Route and so far, I like it...although I find the chapter on OSPF to be a bit brief. It doesn't cover OSPF to the extent that it covered EIGRP. I also heard Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and 2 is a good read.
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    pham0329 wrote: »
    I'm currently going through the FLG for Route and so far, I like it...although I find the chapter on OSPF to be a bit brief. It doesn't cover OSPF to the extent that it covered EIGRP. I also heard Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and 2 is a good read.

Routing TCP/IP vol 1 and 2 is where its at. Clearly explained and in depth. Ignore the ISIS stuff, unless your job uses it. Some of the stuff will be overkill for the CCNP level but its always good learn too much. Good luck with the CCNA.
  • Options
    waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is also a cisco press lab book thats supposed to be good.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    The FLG for SWITCH was good and the OCG for ROUTE was good (better than the FLG imo - even if noone else thinks so!)...

Save your money and DON'T buy the TSHOOT book, unless you want a $60 paperweight.
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    lrb wrote: »
    the OCG for ROUTE was good (better than the FLG imo - even if noone else thinks so!)...

Save your money and DON'T buy the TSHOOT book, unless you want a $60 paperweight.

I have heard the same about the Route Official Certification Guide. The old one for the BSCI was worthless but my colleague very much liked the new one.

Agreed on the TSHOOT book. If you didn't learn everything in that book during your ROUTE and SWITCH studies then you did something wrong.