ICND1 passed this past Saturday.

T.AbbasiT.Abbasi Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
good morning everyone,

passed the icnd1 this past saturday. the feeling of seeing the word 'congratulations' after you submit the last answer is priceless. will start working on icnd2, want to finish it before thanksgiving this year.

materials used for icnd1
1. cbtnuggets
2. lammle ccent book
3. odom's icnd1 book - didnt read the full chapters, but used the end questions for reviewing purposes, the accompanied CD also has tons of helpful question exercises - subnetting + his practice exam.
4. boson's icnd1 ex-sim max exam (highly recommended)
5. for labbing i just used packet tracer, created the same topologies that jeremy used in his CBT tutorials

i started my studies back in june (but got interrupted in july due to two family weddings), restarted again in august. i went thru the cbt nuggets, then would read lammle to get a better understanding. as far as any tips go - i'd just say to not skim thru this stuff, specially since this is the foundation. know it inside out, the exam focuses on details that you may overlook by skimming thru. know you subnetting, know your CLI commands, understand the differences between L2 and L3, know how they perform, know their roles.

will take a break for a week and then start for icnd2, most likely will follow this plan:

1. CBT nuggets for icnd2
2. odom's icnd2 book
3. lammle's ccna book
4. now for labbing, i dont know if i need to get actual gear yet. maybe after i get icnd2 under my belt?

lastly, thank you everyone here for posting pricess information, very helpful.

/regards

p.s. currently employed as an IT Project Lead at a higher-ed institution, and looking to move towards a more technical oriented role rather than a business developmental role. just need to find the right way and approach my direct supervisor and ask for network related opportunities. we are going thru a massive expansion of our campus, top of the line architecture and i'm sure our lan topology will be effected, and i want to ask how i can get in on the opportunity as even an admin type role. hopefully this will provide leverage.

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I bet that made your Saturday even better!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    T.Abbasi wrote: »
    good morning everyone,

passed the icnd1 this past saturday. the feeling of seeing the word 'congratulations' after you submit the last answer is priceless. will start working on icnd2, want to finish it before thanksgiving this year.

materials used for icnd1
    1. cbtnuggets
    2. lammle ccent book
    3. odom's icnd1 book - didnt read the full chapters, but used the end questions for reviewing purposes, the accompanied CD also has tons of helpful question exercises - subnetting + his practice exam.
    4. boson's icnd1 ex-sim max exam (highly recommended)
    5. for labbing i just used packet tracer, created the same topologies that jeremy used in his CBT tutorials

i started my studies back in june (but got interrupted in july due to two family weddings), restarted again in august. i went thru the cbt nuggets, then would read lammle to get a better understanding. as far as any tips go - i'd just say to not skim thru this stuff, specially since this is the foundation. know it inside out, the exam focuses on details that you may overlook by skimming thru. know you subnetting, know your CLI commands, understand the differences between L2 and L3, know how they perform, know their roles.

will take a break for a week and then start for icnd2, most likely will follow this plan:

1. CBT nuggets for icnd2
    2. odom's icnd2 book
    3. lammle's ccna book
    4. now for labbing, i dont know if i need to get actual gear yet. maybe after i get icnd2 under my belt?

lastly, thank you everyone here for posting pricess information, very helpful.

/regards

p.s. currently employed as an IT Project Lead at a higher-ed institution, and looking to move towards a more technical oriented role rather than a business developmental role. just need to find the right way and approach my direct supervisor and ask for network related opportunities. we are going thru a massive expansion of our campus, top of the line architecture and i'm sure our lan topology will be effected, and i want to ask how i can get in on the opportunity as even an admin type role. hopefully this will provide leverage.

Congratulations! I just purchased boson's ex-sim as well, I'm glad to see positive feedback on it and that it played a roll in your studies and passed!. I'm hoping to take mine in the next week or 2.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting study materials used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats! Those are good study materials that you used. Good luck on hte ICND2!
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! and thx for the tips.
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a major difference between the Boson practice exam you get with the book and ExSim-Max for Cisco 640-822 ?
  • TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I am using the exact same material for ICND2. Good luck!
  • Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What was your score?
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Great way to start the weekend!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • gramacorpgramacorp Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!