Options

SDM Confused - 640-822

KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
The Blueprint says
Configure, verify and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operation on a router (using both CLI and SDM)

However End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager  [Cisco Router and Security Device Manager] - Cisco Systems Shows SDM is at end of life and discontinued.
  1. What significance does the SMD play into CCENT
  2. Should I "worry" about using it?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered, advance search was netting to many results.
WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
Currently Reading
Darril Book

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it's on the blueprint, then it would be foolish to go into the exam not knowing it.

And we cannot give you any specifics about what is or isn't on the exam. Even if someone does, you're going to get a different question pool than they do anyway.
  • Options
    certmistercertmister Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you asking if you should worry if you don't study SDM for the 640-822, will you get burned? Yes I think so, you can be tested on anything in the blueprint. If you can't get your hands on it and you don't know where to get it now that it's EOL then that's different. If it's the latter, see if SDM later than version 1.1 is installed on the Router already (show flash), then open a browser and connect using a level15 password and it should run. It's run from the Router's memory.

I hope Cisco are coming out with another way of doing things like NAT in a similar web based gui because the command line really hurts with NAT configs.
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    It is not as I was so much as "worried" it was more of a do I need to invest this much time in it.

I played like hell trying to find it to download it, finally found it (V2.5) and now it is installed, and connecting fine. However not all features are supported by my IOS. Namely, Additional Tasks.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book