Options

CCNA - Configuring NAT on GNS3

advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
Trying to figure out if I'm the only one with the issue or not or if anyone had a fix for it off hand..

Currently trying to practice configuring static NAT and dynamic NAT pools before I take the CCNA in 10 days but the GNS3 keeps coming up with not enough free memory and memory allocation errors when I try and run any NAT commands.

I'm using the 3700 router series on GNS3 as it seems a lot if not most of the other models tend to crash GNS3 quite a bit.

Any help is appreciated.
Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog

Comments

• Options
    lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
    advanex1 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out if I'm the only one with the issue or not or if anyone had a fix for it off hand..

Currently trying to practice configuring static NAT and dynamic NAT pools before I take the CCNA in 10 days but the GNS3 keeps coming up with not enough free memory and memory allocation errors when I try and run any NAT commands.

I'm using the 3700 router series on GNS3 as it seems a lot if not most of the other models tend to crash GNS3 quite a bit.

Any help is appreciated.

Mate try using a different image and increasing the RAM, a search on youtube may help.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    make sure to set the idle settings for gsn3

which version and what pc specs ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll try another image again. I'm using a 3745 IOS 12.4, the 3725 had more bugs/crashing issues for some reason. I'll see if the other ones can remedy the issue.

I guess I should have said I already increased the RAM/Memory capacity on the routers, just thought it was odd.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    I got this with the 3725 image using the recommended RAM size every time I tried NAT. funnily enough it was worse if I used the IP NAT enable command on the interface instead of ip nat inside/outside ?!?!? - Anyway I just doubled up the memory and it was fine.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]