Options

Lab help required - phone registration help

contivacontiva Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm new to the Cisco voice track and have started studying for the CCNA:Voice. I have a lab set up with a 1760-V with CME 4.1, a 3524 POE switch and 2 7906 IP phones.

I can configure CME to register and ring CIPC phones but cannot for the life of me get the 7906 to register.

What I have done

Configured ephone & ephone-dn but cant set type to 7906 ( its missing from the type command)
configured tftp server with load files
configured dhcp

The phones obtain a DHCP IP address and then try to register for ever.

I've followed CBT nuggets and a few other sites configurations but cannot get phones to register.

I think I'm missing something obvious like the phones arent compatible ( although cisco.com say they are)

Any one got any ideas - I can post my running-config later.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    under telephony-service config mode have you issued the command create cnf-files?
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • Options
    contivacontiva Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi timber wolf - I had already tried that, after a few hours messing around I found I had made 2 mistakes in my config... I had missed the alias command on the tftp-server files. the other thing was not having a time source configured.

So all good now.