Passed Route 976/1000 - point. My study tips.

uscallesenuscallesen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the ROUTE exam yesterday with 75 minuttes left on the clock.

You really gotta know your stuff with this exam - I recommend doing a lot of labs, knowing your AD's for the various protocols and really know how to redistribute between protocols ! I scored lowest on OSFP and EIGRP even though that was the topics I felt I mastered.

I'd really like to recommend Implementing Cisco IP routing book (Foundation Learning Guide) which I thought was excellent (much better than the CCENT/CCNA books I used) - I bought Jeremy's CBT Nuggets for ROUTE aswell.

Everyone studying for ROUTE should check out GNS3vault.com - if you can do the advanced labs there - you will pass the exam.

Comments

• WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    thanks for the pointers uscallesen, i hope to soon follow in your footsteps ;)
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats on the pass - good advice too, gns3vault was a huge help for this exam.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations and thanks for the tips!
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    uscallesen wrote: »
    I'd really like to recommend Implementing Cisco IP routing book (Foundation Learning Guide) which I thought was excellent (much better than the CCENT/CCNA books I used) - I bought Jeremy's CBT Nuggets for ROUTE aswell.

Everyone studying for ROUTE should check out GNS3vault.com - if you can do the advanced labs there - you will pass the exam.

Congrats on passing the exam. I'm in the middle of studying for Route as well and am pretty much doing the same. Haven't gotten to GNS3vault labs yet but I've been doing labs from CBT Nuggets as well as from a Cisco Net Academy, GNS3Vault is next :)
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    uscallesen wrote: »
    Passed the ROUTE exam yesterday with 75 minuttes left on the clock.

You completed the entire exam and scored that high, in 45 minutes? That is almost unheard of.

Coming from someone who as recently sat for the ROUTE exam, there is no way you could read all the questions and labs in 45 mins and score that high.

Either you really know your stuff, which very well could be the case, or someone didn't sit for the exam honestly.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Monkerz wrote: »
    You completed the entire exam and scored that high, in 45 minutes? That is almost unheard of.

Coming from someone who as recently sat for the ROUTE exam, there is no way you could read all the questions and labs in 45 mins and score that high.

Either you really know your stuff, which very well could be the case, or someone didn't sit for the exam honestly.

Only the people that sat on this exam really knows if its possible to get a high score with 75mins left in the clock. There will be a lot of paper certs out there. However, you'll figure out if they really know their stuff when they get grilled in an interview.