Passed ICND1

W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed Network+ on Monday and just this Saturday I passed ICND1 to get my CCENT. I've actually been studying for both test on and off for quite some time and I finally decided to get serious about taking the test. I got a 912/1000

I used the CBT nugget videos, CCENT certification all in one for dummies, and packet tracer.

I'm gonna get ready for ICND2 now since it seems like the CCNA opens the most doors for people. I'm also gonna go ahead and post my resume up.

By the way does anybody know of any ISP jobs or entry level networking jobs in the Tampa area?

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!

I suggest using Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com to find anytype of job that you are looking for.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I'm going to be using CBT nuggets too. Just trying to decide if I'm going to do the 1 or 2 test method. Been in I.T. for about 10 years mostly in telecom stuff with a little help desk/Data Center. I took the test twice years ago and came close but want to try again with CBT nuggets, Packet Tracer and maybe the Boson test. So glad to hear you passed. As far as the jobs in your area you should post your resume on dice.com, monster.com and career builder. Also check out I.T. staffing agencies such as Teksystems, Adecco Technical. Do a search on indeed.com for titles such as NOC, Data Center, tech support o rmaybe network tech. This way you will probably see whats available and discover agencies in your area that hire for these jobs. Just my opinion. Good luck.
  • Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Hey beach, since you have a lot of experience under your belt you should try going for the composite. I have no experience with Cisco but I just passed the composite yesterday. Only used CBTnuggests, a couple of books and the Boson Ex Max test sim. I would say the test itself is average in terms of difficulty as long as you know your stuff and can subnet very fast.

Good luck to the both of you!!
  • cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    W Stewart wrote: »
    I passed Network+ on Monday and just this Saturday I passed ICND1 to get my CCENT. I've actually been studying for both test on and off for quite some time and I finally decided to get serious about taking the test. I got a 912/1000

I used the CBT nugget videos, CCENT certification all in one for dummies, and packet tracer.

I'm gonna get ready for ICND2 now since it seems like the CCNA opens the most doors for people. I'm also gonna go ahead and post my resume up.

By the way does anybody know of any ISP jobs or entry level networking jobs in the Tampa area?

Stewart, you may want to check Brighthouse Networks, they are always hiring. Also, Time Warner announced they will be building a data center here in Tampa, here is the article, keep an eye out for it: Time Warner to create 500 jobs (over five years) in new Tampa-area center | Naked Politics
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stewart, you may want to check Brighthouse Networks, they are always hiring. Also, Time Warner announced they will be building a data center here in Tampa, here is the article, keep an eye out for it: Time Warner to create 500 jobs (over five years) in new Tampa-area center | Naked Politics

thanks I'll be on the lookout for that and I'll try brighthouse aswell.
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I'm going to be using CBT Nuggets too. Just trying to decide if I'm going to do the 1 or 2 test method. Been in I.T. for about 10 years mostly in telecom stuff with a little help desk/Data Center. I took the test twice years ago and came close but want to try again with CBT nuggets, Packet Tracer and maybe the Boson test. So glad to hear you passed. As far as the jobs in your area you should post your resume on dice.com, monster.com and career builder. Also check out I.T. staffing agencies such as Teksystems, Adecco Technical. Do a search on indeed.com for titles such as NOC, Data Center, tech support o rmaybe network tech. This way you will probably see whats available and discover agencies in your area that hire for these jobs. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice and good luck on you exam. With you experience you could probably go straight for the CCNA
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea I was thinking of doing the composite. Maybe the Todd Lammle book too.
    Steveg31 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass.

Hey beach, since you have a lot of experience under your belt you should try going for the composite. I have no experience with Cisco but I just passed the composite yesterday. Only used CBTnuggests, a couple of books and the Boson Ex Max test sim. I would say the test itself is average in terms of difficulty as long as you know your stuff and can subnet very fast.

Good luck to the both of you!!
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the resources you used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD