JNCIE-SEC tips

AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
Preparation Tips for the JNCIE-SEC Exam « ShortestPathFirst

A pretty short but valuable read imho. Personally I think it's a great help to see what hardware he used (and how little) for lab prep.
We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    Preparation Tips for the JNCIE-SEC Exam « ShortestPathFirst

A pretty short but valuable read imho. Personally I think it's a great help to see what hardware he used (and how little) for lab prep.

Although im not preparing, or have any intentions to, for the exam it was a good read. Cant believe how little he used for the labs!

A guy at work has just passed the JNCIE-ENT and it was great to Gage his reaction to it etc.

I take it your going to attempt the JNCIE-SEC ahriakin? :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This was a great article (saw it first on Twitter). I actually just put together a lab similar to his working toward my JNCIE-SEC....glad to know that even with the few items I have in the lab I should still have enough to prepare.
  • hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is really a great note about JNCIE-SEC. Guys I want to prepare for this anybody out preparing for JNCIE-SEC?

Thanks.
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    nel wrote: »

I take it your going to attempt the JNCIE-SEC ahriakin? :D

It's on my Radar :). Hell I still have to get past the JNCIS-SEC (mebbe this weekend). I've done some of the 'P' level coursework so I'm hoping to wrap that up this year and then maybe the IE next.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
    okay :) wish you all the best. I am also targeting the same. Stay in touch
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • swanduronswanduron Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Base on the Juniper's web site, we do not know the topology, software release and another important information. It was recently participated in the exam it? I only have 3 SRX210H, reference book is "JunOS Security" and "11.2 Configuration Guide".
    icon_study.gif
    can we know the JUNOS version we need to prepare?
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf