Boson Testing engine.

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I have been taking the practice tests I got from their website, and for the most part it is good, the only issue I have been finding is that in simlets im finding allot of errors? One in particular where is specifically tells me the mac address in the show interfaces, but the answer is wrong, but I can't find their answer anywhere on either routers?
Same thing on a question that asked me to find the Version of IOS on the router so I run show version, find the version put my answer in and poof its not 12.2 like the router says, its apparently 12.3? Its really frustrating! Anyone else have similar issues? or am I a fool?
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You may want to do an update on it, when you start it it's supposed to download the latest updates and fixes. I did notice 1 or 2 errors but nothing what you described. Run the update and see how it goes.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've done the ICND1 practice test, haven't done the ICND2 though. I didn't notice the errors you speak of in the simlets. As suggested by cisco_kidd, may want to do an update.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did update, I scrubbed the tests and reloaded it, and still getting errors. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are wrong, I even went through their explanation step by step to get the same exact answer I had before, that stated it was wrong. I feel like I got robbed tbh.

Can you give us an example?
    I will in the morning tomarrow im off the computer for the night, but ill take screen shots tomarrow of the questions.

Blackout wrote: »
    I will in the morning tomarrow im off the computer for the night, but ill take screen shots tomarrow of the questions.

If you want to set your mind at ease, I used Boson ICND 1 to study and passed my exam today. There are some errors, but nothing too critical. With your screenshots we can probably clear things up.
    The Question was which mac address is associated with HostA?

*Obviously I cannot open up host a to check*

Top.png

WrongAnswer3.png

this is the screenshot of the CLI on the sim for the mac-address table

This is their explanation of the correct answer, they say the answer is a mac address ending in 7663, as you can see it isn't on the show mac-address-table.

Explanation.png

Am I wrong in this? Did I go wrong somewhere? If I did I apologize for bringing this up.

I notice you're using Windows 7. My Boson sims were screwing up on Windows 7, my sims completely did not work, or I couldn't issue certain commands. Had to use an XP machine for it to work right.

The issue you are having below I didn't have.
    Blackout wrote: »
    The Question was which mac address is associated with HostA?

*Obviously I cannot open up host a to check*

Top.png

WrongAnswer3.png

this is the screenshot of the CLI on the sim for the mac-address table

This is their explanation of the correct answer, they say the answer is a mac address ending in 7663, as you can see it isn't on the show mac-address-table.

Explanation.png

Am I wrong in this? Did I go wrong somewhere? If I did I apologize for bringing this up.