CASP Betta Test Takers

apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey All,

So the Comptia Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exam went live today and if you are like me and took the CASP betta exam back in May you are probably wondering "When will I find out my results from the betta?"

Well I asked Comptia today and this is the response I got:
Thank you for contacting CompTIA. You should be receiving your score reports, by mail, from Pearson VUE, in the last two weeks of September. We thank you again for your participation.

So there you have it.
Currently Working On: Openstack
2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP

Comments

• Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I just don't think this certification will truly measure up. Comptia executives should be happy that Security + made the DOD 8570. They should not get greedy.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    I received my beta test results yesterday. Unfortunately I failed the exam but I went in knowing that I had nothing to lose. There was no indication of a score, just a Pass\Fail result. It did list the core competencies that I needed to review but no definitive grade.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Chivalry1 wrote: »
    I just don't think this certification will truly measure up. Comptia executives should be happy that Security + made the DOD 8570. They should not get greedy.

I think they started getting greedy when they threw away the lifetime certifications for the top three certifications that people go for through them. Plus raising the price for the A+ exam.

They might go ahead and try to make an exam that is similar to the CCENT.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • darkladdiedarkladdie Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think they started getting greedy when they threw away the lifetime certifications for the top three certifications that people go for through them. Plus raising the price for the A+ exam.

They might go ahead and try to make an exam that is similar to the CCENT.

I think there is big a misconception here. All certifications under DOD 8570.01 must be ISO 17024 certified.
    This means all certifications must require some kind of continuing education credits along with updates to the BOK, Book of Knowledge, of the associated cert every three years. This is the main reason many of the certs, especially the CEH, got a hike in the test fees along with that annoying AMF, annual maintenance fee.
    Some cert charge you every year while other charge you every three years.

In other words, life time certs are a dead issue for DOD 8570 beginning on January 1, 2013. As a result only certs with continuing education requirements will be recognized at that time.

Hope this clears up things for most people.