Passed JNCIP-SP

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
Passed the JNCIP-SP today. I actually found this exam easier than the JNCIS-SP. I ordered the official courseware for the MPLS VPN's, Multicast, and CoS classes through my company and I attended the AJSPR class. Obviously working with the stuff on the job helped as well.

Lots of BGP, L3VPN, L2VPN, ISIS, and OSPF. Fortunately there wasn't too much multicast and CoS because those were my weakest areas.

What's next? I just ordered the JNCIE-SP bootcamp courseware through my company, but I am going to see if they will also let me attend the course in person once Juniper has some more classes scheduled.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Good luck with the IE man.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass! You'll have to let me know what you think of the JNCIE-SP Bootcamp material. My team just completed that project a few months ago. I'd really be interested in what you think of the Device Infrastructure, IGP Implementation, and IGP Troubleshooting chapters and labs. That's the material that I developed. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Thanks. Okay, will do. I think my company just ordered the books so hopefully I can start looking over it soon!
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man. Good luck with the Lab.

Any idea what equipment you'll be using for it?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Well, looks like Juniper decided not to sell the courseware for the JNCIE-SP bootcamp. Kind of annoyed that it would be posted and then pulled a few days later. Guess I will try to coerce the company to send me to the class
  • chongch01chongch01 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

JNCIE-SP bootcamp courseware is nolonger available for selling. Anywhere to get a second one? Is it covers Basic Automation implementation and monitoring? Thanks
    I never received the courseware, apparently when my company tried to order it, the site wouldn't let them and then they took it off the site.

I would imagine that it does cover automation as that was touched upon in the JNCIP-SP and it is in the blueprint for the JNCIE.
    Received the JNCIE-SP coursware for an upcoming bootcamp I am attending. So far the material looks pretty good! Will post my review of the materials and the bootcamp itself when finished. Until then: icon_study.gif
  • kazmiekazmie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi Ryan82, how is studying going? I am prepering for JNCIE-SP as well, maybe we can exchange ideas etc. My skype id: tomala362
  • masagungmasagung Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ! next step JNCIE-SP