Question regarding NAT session timeout

mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
Is it possible to set the NAT session in PAT to a value other than the default? I'm running an application for testing and it looks like everytime the sessions expires, it goofs up!

I have been searching cisco documentation for a command where I can set the session to something like 20 minutes or more but cant find it...any help will be appreicated

Comments

• wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to look at the "ip nat translation" settings you can adjust. Just a warning though...setting them to high could cause your router to slow down or even crash due to lack of memory.
  • mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
    thanks..........
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is it possible to set the NAT session in PAT to a value other than the default? I'm running an application for testing and it looks like everytime the sessions expires, it goofs up!

I have been searching cisco documentation for a command where I can set the session to something like 20 minutes or more but cant find it...any help will be appreicated

You really need to have a good reason to do this. I don't think it is recommended. I actually had to adjust these settings today but I had a very real business reason for it. I would be careful as wasted said since memory isn't unlimited.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with those above.

If you're testing an app that's supposed to work through NAT, tell the programmers to send keep-alives so that the NAT session doesn't time out.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT