• lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats !

I would appreciate a little more details though icon_wink.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • roctkdroctkd Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey lordy

well.. the 642-831 test is actually not hard. It is like another CCNA test. I would say it is pretty straight forward and easy. Only one SIM problem. I gave up the SIM, and still score 931. So I would say it is pretty easy.

A few thing you might want to master.

Frame-relay
    debug commands for frame-relay and isdn
    7 layers
    OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Have you done the BSCI yet? Everyone I have talked to that has done CCNP says to get the BSCI out of the way first since its is the bad mama-jamma. Ive been contemplating at least doing BCMSN first though. Not sure which path I want to go for sure.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So have you done any other 642 Tests yet ?
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
    hey johnnynodough

I have not done those yet. I will take BSCI and BCMSN all together with 642-891. Save money and time. So, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey lordy:

I have completed 642-821 and 642-831. I probably take 642-891 by the end of the month or early next month to complete my CCNP track.
  • YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    roctkd wrote:
    I have not done those yet. I will take BSCI and BCMSN all together with 642-891. Save money and time. So, I'll let you know how it goes.
    quote]

Careful, the composite exam is no push over (at least it never has been) and some find they have saved neither money nor time trying that route.

Yankee
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Did you pass both of these tests on back to back days? I see you posted on the 18th then posted this test on the 19th??? icon_rolleyes.gif
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
    Yes. I passed them within 2 days
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats on both...

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA