did CCNA Semesters v3.1 enought to pass

za-dreamerza-dreamer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys,,

it's the first post for me here so i hope to get help from you icon_redface.gif

here is the story:

I'm an MCP and i'm studying now the 70-290 course. suddenly i stop and decide to Study the CCNA Course and take the exams, so after this i will have a very good knowledge in Networks.

i know that CCNA is NOT like MCSE this is hardware and this is software and differ.

i get the CCNA v3.1_Semesters and i'm studying it now.

so plz tell me is these semesters enought to pass the exams ? or should i have to study other materials ??

also what is router simulation ??

also about the exams did i take exam after every semester of the four semesters ?? or just one exam after the four semesters ??

I'm in a network whih is 10 workgroup computers and 2 switches and one DSL Router, how can i practice on them ?? i mean can i practice on them ?? or how to practice ??

i hope to get help here and i'm very sorry about my bad english icon_redface.gif
I like this site :)

Comments

• QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    za-dreamer wrote:
    i get the CCNA v3.1_Semesters and i'm studying it now.
    so plz tell me is these semesters enought to pass the exams ? or should i have to study other materials ??
    You should always study from multiple resources like Cisco Press books and Sybex 5th ed books. Not saying what you have is not good but sometimes it might not be enough and it is always best to get different perspectives in teaching.
    za-dreamer wrote:
    also what is router simulation ??
    This is software that can emulate a router environment. Look up www.boson.com or www.routersim.com
    za-dreamer wrote:
    also about the exams did i take exam after every semester of the four semesters ?? or just one exam after the four semesters ??
    I believe you take the CCNA exam after the first 4 semesters. The first two semesters are Intro test related and the 3 and 4 semesters are ICND related. I could be wrong about this but this is what I think it is...
    za-dreamer wrote:
    I'm in a network whih is 10 workgroup computers and 2 switches and one DSL Router, how can i practice on them ?? i mean can i practice on them ?? or how to practice ??
    If your network is production then no... you shouldnt work on them but if it is not production... then what switches or DSL router are they? But, most likely... just a couple of switches and a basic router... you wont be able to do much.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • za-dreamerza-dreamer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much QUIX0TIC for your suppot i'm so happy with your answer thank you again icon_redface.gif

but plz i just want to know about the exam after the semesters is it after every semesters or just after the 4 semesters ?? or as you say after every 2 semesters ??

thank you very much

about the routers and switches they D-Link DSL Router and D-Link swich one is 5 ports and the other is 10 ports ...

thank you veru much again for youe support, bless you :D
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    I am unsure how the break down is for studying the academy semester guides. Someone else can answer that one.

For the equipment you have... it is not enough and you will either need to purchase equipment for yourself or purchase simulator software.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
    Thank you very much QUIX0TIC you are very helpfull icon_rolleyes.gif:D
  • buj77buj77 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I am in the first semester of the cisco academy. This is how it is broken down for my class. There are 11 different modules you have to go through, after every module there is a short 10-15 question test, after you complete the 11 module you take a final test that cisco generates. After the second semester you have the option of taking the INTRO exam.

I hope this helps.

good luck
    thank you very much buj77 for your help now i got the picture, and i hope u finish your CCNA Successfully :D
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    QUIX0TIC wrote:
    I am unsure how the break down is for studying the academy semester guides. Someone else can answer that one.

For the equipment you have... it is not enough and you will either need to purchase equipment for yourself or purchase simulator software.

Cisco Academy -
    Semester 1: Networking Basics
    Semeser 2: Routing and Routing Basics Labs (Netlabs)

Semesters 3 and 4: ICND

Hope it helps icon_smile.gif
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great