Frame-relay

hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there guys,

Just trying to setup frame-relay for my two routers and its not happening. Tried the default frame-realy type i.e cisco and also tried other types but my routers(2503 and 2513) would not ping each other.

One is a dce and another a dte as is the requirement to configure frame-realy(i think)?

does anyone know why it wouldn't be working? does it require any more configurations than say hdlc or ppp (apart from defining the lmi type and stuff like that ofcourse)?

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check out our Frame Relay TechLab:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/techlabs/ccna/lab_fr.shtml

You need a third router though to create a real FR network.
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Nice, I didnt even know you had a frame relay tech lab up, see you just put it up their the 4th. Very nice.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks, kyle.tk was so kind to contribute that one.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hshah12 wrote:
    Hi there guys,

Just trying to setup frame-relay for my two routers and its not happening. Tried the default frame-realy type i.e cisco and also tried other types but my routers(2503 and 2513) would not ping each other.

One is a dce and another a dte as is the requirement to configure frame-realy(i think)?

does anyone know why it wouldn't be working? does it require any more configurations than say hdlc or ppp (apart from defining the lmi type and stuff like that ofcourse)?

hello,
    FR encapsulation is FR, not HDLC or PPP

maybe this can help you with back2back:
    router-A (as DCE)
    global conf#FR switching
    intf-s0#encap FR
    intf-s0#FR intf-type DCE
    intf-s0#FR interface-DLCI 100 - ^Z(exit)

router-B (as DTE)
    intf-s0#encap FR
    intf-s0#FR intf-type DTE
    intf-s0#FR interface-DLCI 100 - ^Z(exit
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rassioner--You config doesnt work dude, thanks anyway

On the same note guys, Can I setup a ISDN connection b/w my two routers, or i should be asking is there anyway i can practise ISDN config in my home lab without actually getting the "real" ISDN connection?

note: i also have a 1900 series switch.