Passed CCNA

gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got done with the exam with about 5 minutes to spare and passed with a 909. The exam pretty much covered all the objectives on cisco's site. The questions for fairly straight forward with lots of scenerios and troubleshooting. Below is what I used to help prepare myself for the exam:

Sybex 5th edition
Bryant Advantage Ultimate Study Guide (Great for NAT that sybex misses)
This forum of course :)
Homemade Lab:
-2 routers: 2620, 2610
-2 switches: 2924XL

Definetly recommend the hands on lab mainly because of all the various IOS's and the contrasts they can have

Good luck to anyone taking it soon!

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Congrats!
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations :D .

I agree with your advice on home made labs for aspiring candidates. I those who posses these labs have an easy time sailing through the exams. I don't have one myself but i use remote labs.
    So whats your next step? As for me, i'm switching btn 70-270 and Doom3 icon_lol.gif .

Cheers!
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Great Job!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    next up will probably by the microsoft xp 270 exam or linux+
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Yeah
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Good luck with 270 or Linux+. Both of those are good.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Congrads….. and good luck for your next certification :)
    Life is a journey...
  • jdunganjdungan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many simulations are/were on the exam and what type were they? What was their difficulty and range of topic? I am about 90% ready but have some concerns about the simulations. i take many practice simulations but find myself forgetting hours later and that fear slows down my going to sit for the exam.