Took RHCSA today!

Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I finally took the RHCSA today. The whole rapid track course was nice, it solidified my linux knowledge. I don't know if i passed the exam yet but I feel I did fair on it. It was the fastest 2.5 hours of my life ... I started thinking about all of the stuff i should've doubled checked on the drive home and wishing I could go back..lol... but we'll see....

Comments

• Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RESULTS.....

The results of your EX200 Exam
    are reported below.

Passing score for the exam: 210.0
    Your score: 266

Result: PASS

Congratulations -- you have earned the EX200
    Certificate.

icon_cheers.gif So excited and relieved!! Time to study for the RHCE icon_study.gif
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Congrats! How long have you been studying for it? It's something I'd like to do at some point given how heavily Linux-based I've been throughout my career.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif

Thanks NightShade! Your book along with Michael Jang's contributed to my success!!

stuh84,

I studied for about 2 months and also took the RH200 fast track course. I bought a system and used it for KVM and to set up a test lab. I got my first job as a Linux/VMware admin 4 months ago, but I also have been going to school for the past 2 1/2 years finishing up my Associate Degree in Linux Networking.. I worked hard, studied hard, and practiced, practiced, practiced and the fast track course solidified what i know.

Do you need the course? it helped, but i believe you can self study with Michael Jangs and NighShades book and do fine, you get what you put in.... just read the objectives and know the stuff forward and backwards.

The exam was challenging, but I took a deep breath and tackled it with about 40 minutes left to double check things.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What books did you use? I'm considering some corporate red hat training next year, and I would like to read up on some good materials prior to attending. Would like to get red hat certified.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    What books did you use? I'm considering some corporate red hat training next year, and I would like to read up on some good materials prior to attending. Would like to get red hat certified.

If you take the official Red Hat training, then the material they provide is enough. You can prepare now using Michael Jang book, or you can look at the exam objectives and Google each topic :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Would you suggest LPIC-1 before RHCSA? Did it help that much for the RHCSA?
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    If you take the official Red Hat training, then the material they provide is enough. You can prepare now using Michael Jang book, or you can look at the exam objectives and Google each topic icon_smile.gif

Thank you. I have acquired the Michael Jang book which I will delve into after I finish CCNA:Sec.

I will most likely attend the trainings in May, once I graduate. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the RHCSA :D