Failed ICND1

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I prepared for this exam a few weeks but I failed miserably the ICND1 with 750 on my first attempt.I feel gutted, I found the simulations pretty straight forward and I thought I was going to make it, I don't know if I should take it again, I'm confused... icon_sad.gif

Comments

• BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You didn't fail miserably, on your exam print out there is a section that tells you your weaknesses, hit those up for a week to two weeks and retest. You can pass it bro! icon_thumright.gif I find that allot of people I talk to fail because 1 they are nervous. 2 they had a hard time understanding the format of the test. I did practice exams prior to taking the exam, but I didn't do it to know my score I did it to get familiar with the test format.

Seriously hit up your weak areas and try again.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Version4Version4 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you failed, and no it wasn't miserable.

As Blackout stated, take the exam print out that you received and study your weak areas really well. Whatever you do don't give up or shelf the exam for something else. Take a little break and then get back to the grindstone. Schedule the exam and get it out of the way while it is fresh in your mind.

On your next attempt, you will pass it :D
  • cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The one thing that helped me with the exam was Boson ex-sim. It was well worth the money and it gave you a near exact simulation of how the exam is set up. Check out Cisco Network Simulation Software | IT Practice Exams | IT Training | Boson The reputation it has is that it's harder than the exam, I thought so!
    cisco_kidd wrote: »
    The one thing that helped me with the exam was Boson ex-sim. It was well worth the money and it gave you a near exact simulation of how the exam is set up. Check out Cisco Network Simulation Software | IT Practice Exams | IT Training | Boson The reputation it has is that it's harder than the exam, I thought so!

I agree with this statement, the test questions are harder, I had allot of issues with it because on windows 7, but I knew I was ready for the test because I was finding the problems with the questions hehe. Either way, I recommend using test exams to get familiar with the way the test is administered. It helped me greatly on the exam.

• soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lammle's CCENT book is really good for the ICND1. If you do get it, take a look at "exam essentials" section at the end of each chapter. Make flash cards on those and it should help.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Hang in there and good luck for next time!

Failing isn't just a miserable waste, its a learning experience to motivate you to do better next time.

So which bosun ex-sim kit thing did you guys get
    CCNA Certification - Practice Exams - Training
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheer up! As was said before, shore up your weak points for a week or two and get back to it. You failed, yes, but 750 is not miserable. It's pretty close, actually. Don't worry about failures in your IT pursuits; it's going to happen even to the best IT folks. You only truly fail if you let that 1 "not passing" score stop you from pursuing your cert, not passing this time just means you've got a little more work to do. Now get back in there and show that test who's Bawwwsss! icon_lol.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all guys,I appreciate all your suggestions...I decided to retake the exam next week!

Cheers! :)
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you made it through CEH, I'm sure you can make it through the CCENT..
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gimmyno wrote: »
    ...I decided to retake the exam next week!

That's the spirit! Regroup and attack until conquered...rinse repeat.
    Lab on!
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Glad to see you got back on the horse.

Remember what everyone else told you and take care of business.
  • alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    Hi everyone, I'm going to booking the test soon and will be trying to take the exam early November. I passed Network + in July and havve been studying for my ICND1 since.
    I've got the cisco press ICND1 book which I've been working through and I've also got Trainsignal's CCNA and I've watched the CCENT stuff. I tried a test last night which was the Boson practice test. I set the exam to 50 questions and I got about 68% which is obviously a fail.
    I feel like I know the material but I find the questions are hard to understand sometimes. Does anyone have any adive on test taking? I'm gonna give the practice test another go, which hopefully will throw out some nee questions and I can see how I do again. I'm thinking maybe it's worth doing the test anyway though to see how I do and go from there?
    The practice tests are much more difficult than the actual exam, I only used the practice exam to understand the test format. The practice test are very similar to the real exam as far as format goes.