Miserable Fail

I got a 455 on the exam, and saw a lot of questions there that I had no clue on. My weakest sections were Configuring Access to Resources and Configuring Mobile Computing. I used the Sybex book, the Don Poulton Book and Prof Messer's vids in addition to trail versions of Server 2008 R2 and 7 Ult.

Found the test to be very difficult, still not sure what I could have done differently to study for it.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What are we talking about here? 70-680?
  • parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    ya, sorry, the 70 680 exam was a disaster for me
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. It's a tough exam.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Besides the books, what else did you have under your belt? How much experience with Win 7 to the light of the test's objectives? Also, did you lab at all?
    I had about a year and a half or so of Win 7 experience. I did lab with a Virtual PC of Server 2008 R2 and the trial version of Win 7 Ent.

I seemed to do well on Deployment and backups, which is funny cause I don't use those in day to day work.
    DOes anyone know if they made a second edition to the MS Press book, and if so, how does it do to prepare you?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Sad news. It may not be a great comfort, but almost all of of us have dropped a test or two. Sounds like you're getting right back on the horse though, which is excellent.

While your knowledge of the exam is still fresh, it may be useful to go to the objectives page and look at the two topics you mentioned (Configuring Access to Resources and Configuring Mobile Computing) and try to come up with questions to research. Don't try to find the answers right away, but for now just create a list of questions. Very often, this process will help you remember topics that puzzled you during during the test, and you'll end up with a list of things to study.

For example, for the first bullet of Configuring Mobile Computing, you might write:

What is the difference between BitLocker and BitLocker To Go?
    What are the requirements for BitLocker? For BitLocker To Go?
    What is a TPM? What is a TPM PIN?
    How can I manage TPM Pins?
    And so on...

Good luck,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog