Options

Help to choose first Security certification

blue_butterflyblue_butterfly Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am A+ and NET+ certified with 7 years of IT experience, as technical support and systems implementations. I've been working for 2 years as Information Security Administrator. I really like this field and would like some tips about which Security certification should I take first.
I am also thinking about apply for MS Information Security and Assurance on WGU since I have Bachelor on IT.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks
A+
Net+
Security + in progress

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    I am A+ and NET+ certified with 7 years of IT experience, as technical support and systems implementations. I've been working for 2 years as Information Security Administrator. I really like this field and would like some tips about which Security certification should I take first.
    I am also thinking about apply for MS Information Security and Assurance on WGU since I have Bachelor on IT.
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks

comptia sec+ is the best way to start on the sec track imo
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Thank you! I just pruchased the study guide...planning to take by end of November...
    A+
    Net+
    Security + in progress
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Agree. Security + will help you build a solid foundation. After that maybe you can move on to SSCP or CISSP.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot!
    A+
    Net+
    Security + in progress
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree Security+ is the best way to begin. After that, I would look to get certification in the technology you are in charge of securing. If you work on Windows servers, MCITP:SA. From there begin reading security guides for said product and best practices. Good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff