Options

640-802

murdoctxmurdoctx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying for the 640-802 exam. I would rather get it over with all at once due to funds and time constraints. Currently I am using Lammle's book and cbtnuggets to study and already had some exposure to networking and to cisco ios. I haven't done any practice labs but I have played around with the packet tracer sim and built some successful networks. This December I will graduate with a degree in Telecommunications Technologies; I am getting somewhat overwhelmed trying to study for classes, study for CCNA, and search for jobs.

My question is, Has anyone taken this exam? If so, what input can you give me?

Comments

• Options
    techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    murdoctx wrote: »
    I am currently studying for the 640-802 exam. I would rather get it over with all at once due to funds and time constraints. Currently I am using Lammle's book and cbtnuggets to study and already had some exposure to networking and to cisco ios. I haven't done any practice labs but I have played around with the packet tracer sim and built some successful networks. This December I will graduate with a degree in Telecommunications Technologies; I am getting somewhat overwhelmed trying to study for classes, study for CCNA, and search for jobs.

My question is, Has anyone taken this exam? If so, what input can you give me?

I took the one test route mainly because I hate the stress before taking cert exams. From what I have learned the two test route goes in depth on both tests and the one test route goes over a broad range of topics but is not as in depth. I used Lammle's book, Boson exam sim max and packet tracer. I would definitely recommend the Boson exams, they have quality testing questions that are tougher than the actual exam to prepare you. Good Luck! icon_study.gif
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. :)
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    I took the one test route. My one piece of advise would be to lab, lab, then lab some more. There are sims on the test, and if you have not done them in the lab, I don't believe you will be able to do them in the sim, and you will need to pass the sims to pass the exam.
  • Options
    CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the two tests and it was pretty tough. However I like being able to say I have "two" Cisco certs instead of just one. When I pass CCNA security I'll feel even awesomer having "three".
  • Options
    I took the two tests and it was pretty tough. However I like being able to say I have "two" Cisco certs instead of just one. When I pass CCNA security I'll feel even awesomer having "three".

I read that if you take the single exam you still get both certs.
  • Options
    CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't get both if you do composite. 640-802 is CCNA 640-822 is CCENT 640-816 is CCNA with 640-822 as a prerequisite.