507 and failed

daver1015daver1015 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wow what a tough test. I had 60 questions and 2 hrs. I thought I was prepared enough but I clearly was not.
I used Transcender, Messors videos, Wiley's Windows 7 Configuration.
I pretty much got the same all across the board. back up recovery was my lowest section. The rest was about even.
How long do I have to wait before I can take it again? 2 weeks?

Dave

Comments

• tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    If it was your first attempt I believe you can take it right away. Failing it a second time means you have to wait two weeks. This exam took me a few tries, just keep at it. Good luck.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    You can take your 2nd attempt immediately.

How much did you study/lab before taking the test?

How much experience do you have with windows7 in general?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You probably just need to lab it up a little more. Good luck on your retake!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • daver1015daver1015 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didnt do a lot of labbing... I studied alot, problem I have is my memory is not great. I have a fair amount of experience with win7.. I seemed to get obscure questions and a lot of command line type questions. I am going to keep at it.. I think I will do some labs this time and use Ucertify.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it is your first attempt you can retake it after 24 hours. If its your second attempt, then you have to wait 2 weeks.
    I am going to study for about 2 more weeks.. I really hated to fail but now I know what it is about and wont be so nervous next time.
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Keep the positive attitude.

I see no Certifications listed, just curious if this was your first ever attempted cert.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
    I do have A+ and I passed the 70-640 test last year. I passed that one on the first attempt. I have never been a good test taker but I will keep at it. I want this cert... I really think nerves had a lot to do with it.
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    I took this test twice and failed. I'm studying as hard as i can and i'm appealing my exam. I think i was failed because of one section the second attempt i got 647 and 682 the second time. This is clearly unfair exam ,but diffcult. This exam will not keep me down!icon_cheers.gif