Options

Citrix Certification

bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone done any Citirx exams? was wondering what they are like compared to microsoft?

I'm going on a course for presentation Server 3.0 in a couple of weeks and I want to try at sit the exam in the next month or two. There doesn't seem to be a lot of study material about for this compared to the other certs.

Comments

• Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have done a few exams for Citrix, will go back and finish off my CCEA one day, just haven't worked with it for a while.

Anyway, these exams are much more straight forward than MS exams. It is very much hit and miss, you either know it or you don't.

Questions like what menu item would click on to do this and what does this symbol mean etc. So the CCA is relatively easy if you have worked with Citrix but as the exams go on they become quite difficult.

Mind you, this is for XP Presentation server I did the exams for. Its a great niche market to get into.

As far as study materials goes there is next to nothing for it. The company I was working for at the time paid for the offical course manuals which are about half the cost of doing the course. Very expensive just for some books!!!

So unfortunately I can't really help you out with study materials. Let me know if you find anything though.
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, I have found nothing really in terms of books, cbt's etc. www.citrixexperience.com looks a pretty useful website and there's some useful info on this for all the exams.

Cheers.
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I should have mentioned I used citrixexpeirence for my practise exams. Not a bad representation of the real exams.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I finished the CCEA on XP last year, and i'm gearing up to start working on the 4.0 exams.

The admin guides at the Citrix support site are good resources. My company paid for one of the classes and bought the other course books for me.

The exams can ask some pretty obscure questions. The questions normally short, but very long like some of the recent MS exams. It helps to have some experience with Windows servers.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete