MCSA

tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, im looking to start my MCSA once i pass my 272 XP exam, whats the first mcsa exam I should study for.

Cheers

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think most people opt to go with the client exam first (70-270), but certainly I have heard it mentioned that people start with the server exam (70-290). Personally I would start with the 70-270 first and then move onto the others, but I really think it depends on your experience.

Good luck.
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well if you get your 272 (i take it you have 271) then i would go for 270 you would allready know most of the content and would be "quite easy" after those two.
  • tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ye I have past my 271, I really want to get onto the server side of things, i feel as if I'm spending alot of time on XP stuff. I dont think I would want to sit the 270 first, i could progress alot more in my job if I done one of the servers courses, which server once should I do or is there and order.
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally 290 is easier than 291 (failed 291 twice now) 291 does contain things that you pick up in 290, also depends on your knowledge of server 2003 to start with.

prob best to look at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/ and check out the links to each exam and the objectves, that way you will be able to pick out what you know and dont