Ram speed ?

motokxmotokx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I am studying for the core hardware exam and am having a tough time finding a list or chart of some sort that will list the RAM speeds(Mhz) I know all the form factors,pins,bits, but just can't seem to find the speeds. If anyone knows of some lists or charts listing them I would truly appreciate it!!!
Thank-you!!

Comments

• kamilkamil Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • motokxmotokx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the links!! I know, I thought the speeds may be overkill, but was not sure. Thanks again!!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Nice links Kamil! Thanks for helping out :)

Good Question Motokx,

I think the links Kamil provided should give you a good overview of the ram. If you are not already working with various sticks of ram, it may take a little longer to be familiar with the sticks, but once you go over it a few times, maybe even 'assemble' (on paper) a few different systems, you'll begin to see the more common points.

'assemble' (on paper) - perhaps go to a local store, or visit sites on-line and research the correct components for the mobo you select in your simulated build. For example, if you select a Tyan mobo supporting an AMD chipset, also select one for a Pentium - see what each board takes according to the specs' and tested/approved ram.

Look at server mobo's and a couple generations back.

Use Crucial.com's ram selector to also confirm your size selection.

Can be good practice if you cannot build them yourself. Just a thought
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • motokxmotokx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!!! I'll give it a try. This is a really helpful and informative website. Great job!!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Thank you.

It is members like yourself who strive to learn as well as our contributing members that keep this site solid. Huge amount of Credit to Johan who makes this site possible :)

We appreciate your kind words!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    kamil wrote:
    I think you're studying too hard

I think kamil is right on this one icon_wink.gif