Options

Preplogic 201 practice tests question

Steeley DanSteeley Dan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm preparing for my sy0-201 security+ test that i have scheduled next week and have mainly used the "get certified get ahead book" and its practice test.

For good measure i decided to buy the preplogic test sim as well. so far i haven't been doing extremely well on these practice test due to the fact that they seem to cover a lot of material that wasn't emphasized in Darril Gibsons book.

my question is, since everyone claims that Darrils book is the ONLY thing you need to pass this test, is this unfamiliar material fluff that i'm not necessarily going to see on the test, or should i be worried?

Comments

• Options
    Passed Security+ 201 this morning. Thanks for all the replies guys...icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I lol'd

Conngrats!! Did you find it hard or challenging? I plan on taking it within the next 2-3 months icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    BrakarificBrakarific Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. Intrestingly, Comptia's practice test on their website was a bit harder than the actual test, and the phrasing of the actual questions was totally different than the practice test. If you're going to take the 201 test, Darril's book is in fact all you need (I know this first hand). Just make sure you do well on HIS practice tests. - Edit - I just realized you passed it already. Congrats!
  • Options
    I found the test challenging, but not hard, if that makes sense. There were some questions that used different wording then some of the content from Darrils book. Seemed like there were a few questions that weren't covered as well, or at least weren't emphasized in the Darrils. But, using deductive reasoning, I was able to figure most of those out (I found myself doing that a lot during the test, and realizing really only one answer would make any sense).

I'd say that, like most people on this forum will tell you, Darrils book is all you need to pass the test. However, I wouldn't recommend strictly using it. I used several different practice test sources to help prepare me and i think that helped a lot. I read "get certified get ahead front to back multiple times, and there were a few things on the test not covered. I'm assuming that's why CompTIA expects you to be certified in network+ and have 2+ years of security experience when taking Sec+.