Frame Relay Packet tracer Lab

tex3030tex3030 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been trying to complete the frame relay packet tracer lab from packet tracer network. When I go to add a subinterface I am getting an error of "%cannot create subinterface" Is there a prerequisite for creating a subinterface, or is it blocked in the lab?

Don't have the hardware to do frame relay, and no GNS3 experience. So if anyone has any other labs they would recommend for frame-relay it would be appreciated.

Comments

• MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Set encapsulation to frame-relay on the physical interface, then try to create the sub.
  • nbeachamnbeacham Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, in order to create a sub interface on a serial interface you have to first set the encapsulation to frame relay.
  • tex3030tex3030 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, figured it out.

int s0/0/0 point-to-point
    int s0/0/0.100 point-to-point

I was not using the ? while entering commands. I had the encapsulation of the interface set to frame-relay, but was not defining the type of connection it was supposed to be.

Thanks for your help.
  • KellyRikardKellyRikard Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That was the problem I was having too. Thanks for posting your findings out here!

tex3030 wrote: »
    Ok, figured it out.

int s0/0/0 point-to-point
    int s0/0/0.100 point-to-point

I was not using the ? while entering commands. I had the encapsulation of the interface set to frame-relay, but was not defining the type of connection it was supposed to be.

Thanks for your help.
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tex3030 wrote: »
    I have been trying to complete the frame relay packet tracer lab from packet tracer network. When I go to add a subinterface I am getting an error of "%cannot create subinterface" Is there a prerequisite for creating a subinterface, or is it blocked in the lab?

Don't have the hardware to do frame relay, and no GNS3 experience. So if anyone has any other labs they would recommend for frame-relay it would be appreciated.

Youtube has a some videos dealing with Frame Relay & Packet Tracer.

hth