Taking 70-685 tomorrow

rmaster1rmaster1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was supposed to take the exam last weekend, but the Prometric center couldn't get the test to load up. So, I thought I was ready for the exam until I started taking the Transcender practice tests...I've been getting my butt handed to me. I've done well with the practice test that came with the MS Press book and with the Gibson book. So, now I'm totally second guessing myself.

Can anybody shed light on the types of questions that are on the exam? I mean multiple choice, simulations, etc...not actual questions. The Transcenders test on Case Studies. Are those on the exam as well? Just wanting to know what to expect. Thanks to all!

Comments

• rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took this exam every question was a one page scenario followed by around 5 questions based on the information provided in that scenario...

Hope that helps! :)
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • rmaster1rmaster1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! That helps a lot actually. I was expecting a couple of scenario questions, but not the whole exam. It will be nice to be in the right mindset for the test. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Good luck! :)
    Well, I passed with an 850! Very happy with that score considering how nervous I was about this test. The first 18 questions were the one page scenario questions followed by 2-4 questions. The other 32 were multiple choice with quite a few "there are multiple correct answers, pick the best one" questions. Taking off the rest of the weekend and starting on 70-686 next week.
    Congrats! :)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice job! All that hard work pays off!
  • KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Good Job icon_surprised.gif
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job! Keep it up.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • GachevskyGachevsky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rmaster1 wrote: »
    Well, I passed with an 850! Very happy with that score considering how nervous I was about this test. The first 18 questions were the one page scenario questions followed by 2-4 questions. The other 32 were multiple choice with quite a few "there are multiple correct answers, pick the best one" questions. Taking off the rest of the weekend and starting on 70-686 next week.

Nice work! What did you use to study with? How did it compare to the 70-680? I passed the 70-680 a month or so ago and have just started studying for the 70-685. I have the Darril Gibson book that and that seems to be a good start.
    I found it easier than the 70-680, but it definitely builds on the 70-680 information. I used the MS Press book (first 9 chapters) and the Darril Gibson book to study. I used the tests that came with those books and the Transcenders (which are much harder than the actual exam). The night before I read over the Preplogic $1 study guide and that was a great cram, but it does have some errors and editing comments that should have been removed before it was printed. Good luck on your exam!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63