Options

CCENT Study Guide Suggestions

rolyohhrolyohh Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, this forum has helped me through my Sec+ as well as my frustrations with learning how to Subnet. I have schedule my CCENT for Nov 11th. I have read Cisco's ICND1 book and CCENT Exam Cram, both very good. Now I have three weeks to prep, and suggestions on where I can a study guide to help me get organized?

Right now I am going to go through my notes and take the practice exams in the Cisco ICND1 book this week and start on the exam cram next week then probably mix the material for the last week. Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    jkongbonmejkongbonme Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rolyohh wrote: »
    Hey guys, this forum has helped me through my Sec+ as well as my frustrations with learning how to Subnet. I have schedule my CCENT for Nov 11th. I have read Cisco's ICND1 book and CCENT Exam Cram, both very good. Now I have three weeks to prep, and suggestions on where I can a study guide to help me get organized?

Right now I am going to go through my notes and take the practice exams in the Cisco ICND1 book this week and start on the exam cram next week then probably mix the material for the last week. Any advice would be helpful.

I think what you have been doing is good preparation but to add to it you might need some hands on labs or some sims like packet tracer. I'm have been prepared myself as well and looking forward to schedule mine soon. I used home labs to practice, some practice exams, read Todd Lammle CCNA study guide version 4 and 7, doing subnetting, however; I'll still need more times.. I think if you are confident in yourself and material pretty well you will do fine on the exam. Good luck.
  • Options
    rolyohhrolyohh Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have three 2600 routers... that's all I could get my hands on with my cash flow but also have packet tracer. I am running Ubuntu with virtual box and several 2008 servers operating on different networks. I seem to get so in depth with this lab I have setup that I think im starting to focus on stuff more advanced than what I am going to be tested on. I started to limit myself to just working with one router and that's it.. Thanks for the advice, I am eager but its a ton of info to absorb but I think its because I want to remember everything.
  • Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    You will want to brush up on your switching commands and theory.

Switching seems to be the weak link in the online/free training/DOIY method of study.