Options

Passed CCNP ROUTE today!

SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
Hi all,

I passed the CCNP ROUTE today. I didn't get the score I wanted, but I did pass.

After taking the SWITCH and the ROUTE, I thought the SWITCH test was harder. I was just wishing for it to be over when I took the SWITCH exam. I didn't have that today. However my score was higher on the SWITCH exam.

I must have missed some stupid things, because I breezed through the exam and thought I had done great, but the score did not reflect that.

I know I missed something on one of the simulators, because I never got the connectivity they wanted, but I couldn't find anything wrong in the configs. Probably something stupid that I overlooked.

All in all, not being able to find the problem with that simulator doesn't bode well for the TSHOOT exam. Although I've been troubleshooting electronics and programming for 25+ years.

I will probably read through the TSHOOT OCG and do the Boson practice exams before deciding how soon to take the exam. I was considering just taking it like so many people did on this site, but I may rethink that.

Comments

• Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Hi all,

I passed the CCNP ROUTE today. I didn't get the score I wanted, but I did pass.

After taking the SWITCH and the ROUTE, I thought the SWITCH test was harder. I was just wishing for it to be over when I took the SWITCH exam. I didn't have that today. However my score was higher on the SWITCH exam.

I must have missed some stupid things, because I breezed through the exam and thought I had done great, but the score did not reflect that.

I know I missed something on one of the simulators, because I never got the connectivity they wanted, but I couldn't find anything wrong in the configs. Probably something stupid that I overlooked.

All in all, not being able to find the problem with that simulator doesn't bode well for the TSHOOT exam. Although I've been troubleshooting electronics and programming for 25+ years.

I will probably read through the TSHOOT OCG and do the Boson practice exams before deciding how soon to take the exam. I was considering just taking it like so many people did on this site, but I may rethink that.
    TSHOOT is the easiest in my opinion. If you can pass route and switch, and you have experience troubleshooting networks from the Core to the distribution to the access layer, just study the topology on cisco's website and do some labbing. icon_study.gif
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on ROUTE!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    If you use Boson for your tshoot exam, consider it passed !
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Great job! And remember that a pass is a pass. Keep up the good work and let us know how SWITCH and TSHOOT turn out
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    down77 wrote: »
    Great job! And remember that a pass is a pass. Keep up the good work and let us know how SWITCH and TSHOOT turn out

Down,
    I took the SWITCH exam about 5 months ago, but I'll be sure to post when I take the TSHOOT.