Prior Experience - CEH

Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
How much prior security experience do you need to adequately be prepared for the CEH?

What is your opinion on the difficulty of the CEH exam?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It's not just any security experience; it's the type of experience that matches the objectives of the CEH exam.

Have a look at the CEHv7 exam requirements.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Wow...$100 non-refundable application fee, then the exam is $500.
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Wow...$100 non-refundable application fee, then the exam is $500.
    Yes, the EC-Council hit the marketing jackpot when the CEH was accepted by the US DoD. They raised their prices to pay for their new CEH courseware (I assume).

What's the first step in getting certified? Check if the price is within your budget. icon_eek.gif
  • JoshsevoJoshsevo Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have no job in IT but a recent college grad and I passed. Just studied and took the Infosec course.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I found the certification somewhat challenging. If you are in the information security focus its a must have in my opinion. I enjoyed taking the class and the exam. Although I am a CISSP the value of this certification offers different insight on information security. White & Black Hat hacking, penetration testing, etc....

I would recommend self-study for about 2 months and taking the exam. As far as experience, prior work experience helped me passed the test.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • hammy_mohhammy_moh Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, i need your help.
    I passed CEH v6.1 in 29 Sept but still didn't received any welcome e-mail or e-mail from EC-COUNCIl !!!
    do u know why ??
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    hammy_moh wrote: »
    Hey guys, i need your help.
    I passed CEH v6.1 in 29 Sept but still didn't received any welcome e-mail or e-mail from EC-COUNCIl !!!
    do u know why ??

Have you gone straight to the source and reached out to EC Council?
  • JoshsevoJoshsevo Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Proabbly because ECCouncil is in India and they are failry slow. I just got my CHFI cert yesterday and I took the test a month ago. I also got my CEH cert last week and took that on Sept 2. So be patient.
    If the EC-Council's materials and are really shipped from India, they must go through Indian and US customs. That slows up getting your cert in the mail quite a bit. You would think that part of the operation would best handled here in the USA.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Yes it is pretty bad with EC-Council. They are VERY slow!!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)