ISDN & CCNA exam question

hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Just want to ask couple of cquestions

1)can i configure ISDN on my home lab to practise or do i need a real ISDN connection with a service provider, i have 2*2500 routers + 1*1900 switch

2) In CCNA exam, what series routers(sims) or switches are asked to be configured. Iam preparing on the routers and switch i have and i dont want a situation where in the exam iam asked to configure a 2600 series or something, specially the stuff which require different config commands in those two diff series.

Thanks in advance:0

Comments

• SVSV Member Posts: 166
    hshah12 wrote:
    2) In CCNA exam, what series routers(sims) or switches are asked to be configured. Iam preparing on the routers and switch i have and i dont want a situation where in the exam iam asked to configure a 2600 series or something, specially the stuff which require different config commands in those two diff series.

The router that they use is either 2500 or 2600 series. The commands are almost the same for both. So there is nothing to worry.

In few books though 1900 and 2900 series switches are used to teach, when I wrote my exam last this month, sim related to 2900 was asked. There is a big difference in few configurations used between these two.
    Life is a journey...
  • hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure, and if someone can answer the first question as well pls:)
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    You can use the 2500 series to configure ISDN.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • kyle.tkkyle.tk Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You would need to get an ISDN simulator (check ebay) to set up a ISDN connection between two of the routers.