Got a very unexpected promotion today (CCNA)

CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got promoted today, and received a 10% salary increase, and they doubled my yearly bonus based on my CCNA that I got at the end of September. Also, I can go to any training out of state whenever I want as long as it's designed to prepare me for a certification exam that is directly related to my job duties, and of course that I follow through with the certification. I think my boss wanted to use me as an example, in hopes that some of the other folks in my dept would pursue some extra curricular career advancement.

Just wanted to throw out my experience since I know a lot of people are always wondering how much they are going to get etc etc.

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got promoted today, and received a 10% salary increase, and they doubled my yearly bonus based on my CCNA that I got at the end of September. Also, I can go to any training out of state whenever I want as long as it's designed to prepare me for a certification exam that is directly related to my job duties, and of course that I follow through with the certification. I think my boss wanted to use me as an example, in hopes that some of the other folks in my dept would pursue some extra curricular career advancement.

Just wanted to throw out my experience since I know a lot of people are always wondering how much they are going to get etc etc.

WOW!!!

Congratz on the promo and extra $$$. Is your company hiring? Let me know!!!! LOL...

Cheers!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That sounds great. Congrats!
  • GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lucky You!!! Well done mate!