Did not pass - but did not fail either

LarziLarzi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Actually I didn´t get the chance to take the test, and instead I wasted my time at the testcenter.

We were 4 people doing different MS tests. 2 worked and 2 didn´t. Mine was the 70-290 and another guy was supposed to do 70-292. It just looped after the tutorial. It seemed like non-local problem, as the testcenter was not able reach the testprovider in Holland by phone (don´t know if it was MS or Prometric themselves, they were trying to reach). Blocked hotline numbers usually indicate huge problems......

As I am not being supported by my employee in this, I have wasted a day off work, and not doing the test. Needless to say I am a bit pissed, because it will take me some weeks, before I have time to do another shot.

I will probably start to look into stuff that has common ground between the 70-291 and the 70-291/70-293 tests, in order to improve my chances of passing the 70-290 in first try, as well as not wasting too much time in preparing for the next tests.

Comments

• cvruckelcvruckel Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The same thing happened to me today! I waited for an hour and a half but they kept saying it wouldn't download. This was also at a Thompson Prometric center. And someone there was able to take the 70-270. It really pisses me off that I can't take this IT test because of IT problems, that I can't fix.
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    I know that it is frustating sitting in a testing center, ready to take the test and something doesn't work right. Unfortunately they have download the tests from the servers that are provided by VUE and Prometric due to the people that would take advantage over having unlimited access to the tests. We already have enough cheaters in this Industry and we don't need any more. So yes, Its a pain but it is worth it. I had to go to take the CCNA twice before I was actually able to take the test.

Just a thought.
  • GeeeWizGeeeWiz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A lot of this comes back on Prometric, and mine is only one of many horror stories related to Prometric's complete disarray. In fact, my testing center found it so bad, they switched from Prometric to PearsonVue. I've had no problems since, so if you're given the option, definitely choose PearsonVue.
  • LarziLarzi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GeeeWiz wrote:
    I've had no problems since, so if you're given the option, definitely choose PearsonVue.

Thanks for the advice regarding PearsonVue.

I have already paid up the test at Prometric, so I will take the test there. But afterwards, I will see what my options are.
  • LarziLarzi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know that it is frustating sitting in a testing center, ready to take the test and something doesn't work right. Unfortunately they have download the tests from the servers that are provided by VUE and Prometric due to the people that would take advantage over having unlimited access to the tests. We already have enough cheaters in this Industry and we don't need any more. So yes, Its a pain but it is worth it. I had to go to take the CCNA twice before I was actually able to take the test.

Just a thought.

I appreciate your post, even if I do not agree.

Firstly, I will say that I am glad that they are trying to protect my investment, by trying to prevent cheating. And as I work with IT I am well aware that things go wrong, even though they are not supposed to. After all, 100% uptime is rare, if not non-existant.

But when I look in various certification forums on the net, I simply see to many people having problems with the testcenters. Maintaining a high-security IT-environment is IMHO not an excuse for downtime.

As a customer I just expect to get the right product, at the right time, and at the right price.