ICND1 (First attempt)

ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Long time since I posted here, just looking for some advice on the ICND1 exam. Ive been using the 'train signal' video's by Chris Bryant and find them very good, can anyone recommend anything else? Thanks for all replies.

Cheers

Comments

• MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The best advice: since the testing center will give you either scrap paper or a small erase board for working out problems, jot down the subnetting table from /16 - /32 and any other acronym or piece of info that comes to mind before you start the test. The less time you waste looking for or trying to recall something the better.icon_study.gif

Some tidbits of info:
    Last Minute Revision - Cisco CCNA Certification

Good luck and whether you pass or fail-keep at it!!!!!!!!icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,
    I used to work in the IT security field and tried the Security+ exam but didn't pass despite working hard for it. Kinda knocked my confidence (and my wallet) so hopefully get this!!

Thanks again
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    If you have the available funds, Boson Ex-Sim Max test engine is a great resource. If you can pass those tests you should be in very good shape.
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Replying to MrWryte: "The best advice: since the testing center will give you either scrap paper or a small erase board for working out problems, jot down the subnetting table from /16 - /32 and any other acronym or piece of info that comes to mind before you start the test."

That is some great advice. Big time time saver! In addition to that I put the following at the top of the page.

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

128 192 224 240 248 252

/25 /26 /27 /28 /29 /30

That way I can just glance to see the CIDR notation for a given subnet mask or vice versa.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • AmjoAmjo Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Replying to MrWryte: "The best advice: since the testing center will give you either scrap paper or a small erase board for working out problems, jot down the subnetting table from /16 - /32 and any other acronym or piece of info that comes to mind before you start the test."

That is some great advice. Big time time saver! In addition to that I put the following at the top of the page.

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

128 192 224 240 248 252

/25 /26 /27 /28 /29 /30

That way I can just glance to see the CIDR notation for a given subnet mask or vice versa.

Thanks for this advise, but I'm wondering if that is not considered cheating in the test exam right?? (even if all these info. came from yuor head) Just to be safe:D
    In Progress: MCTS Network Infa
    Next: MCTS SA toward MCITP SA
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Amjo wrote: »
    Thanks for this advise, but I'm wondering if that is not considered cheating in the test exam right?? (even if all these info. came from yuor head) Just to be safe:D

It's not cheating. It's information you know, that's why they give you the paper / erase boards to use. I always write out some notes before starting the exam.
  • OperatorOperator Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

128 192 224 240 248 252

/25 /26 /27 /28 /29 /30

good advice.... I just got into subnetting in my studies
    Someday down the road.. CE|H