Passed Composite Exam

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally I am a CCNA! I passed with a 854. Finished the test with 3 minutes to spare because I really took my time on each question. It was a much fairer test (less confusing wording) than the ICND2. I highly recommend the one test approach if you can subnet quickly.I used Todd Lamel's book "CCNA 7th edition Study Guide" and the practice labs that I got from him via email. Also I used Boson test sim (very happy with that, its harder than the CCNA test), and I used CBT Nuggets (Jeremy is the man). Either MCSA or SQL Server is on deck for me but not for a little while.
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. Now please go update that cert list.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! That composite exam is no picnic so you should definitely be proud of your score. icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with your journey into Microsoft-land, and don't forget to go out tonight and celebrate your victory.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    I think I will go the composite exam route too. Took the CCNA years ago and came real close. Been working in Telecommunications/Tech support type roles for about 9 years. I think this time I will mostly use Packet Tracer and CBT nuggets with the boson tests. If its something I did not get from CBT nuggets I will go to the Todd Lammle book for whatever I am having trouble with. Plan on doing lots of hands on.
    maddem wrote: »
    Congrats!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations !

Why not go further with cisco certs ? and build on the ccna with ccna security or go for ccnp ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    alxx wrote: »
    Congratulations !

Why not go further with cisco certs ? and build on the ccna with ccna security or go for ccnp ?

I'd love to go the CCNP route but my job will most likely want me to get some virtualization, SQL, and M$ knowledge under my belt. I am going to be working for a small company as a jack of all trades IT guy.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on the pass!

While the job may want you to go in one direction, I would strongly urge you to set your own path and follow that. A few years back I was in a similar situation where I was required to be a jack of all trades, but as the saying goes you become a master of none.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision/progress!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd love to go the CCNP route but my job will most likely want me to get some virtualization, SQL, and M$ knowledge under my belt. I am going to be working for a small company as a jack of all trades IT guy.

Been gone for a while, but just caught this. If you had issues passing the ICND2 exam as a single exam and relied on more ICND1 questions, you'll have a terrible time with route.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog