CISSP Domain Changes starting Jan 1st 2012?

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
How will this affect me using the current books and material that I currently have been studying from?

https://www.isc2.org/CISSP/Default.aspx

Thanks,

-Edmund
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    What course material are you currently studying from? And how much InfoSec knowledge and experience do you have prior to the start of your studying?

If you are studying from the latest materials, and you have the experience necessary to get the full CISSP certification, you likely won't be affected by the domain reorganization at all.
  • JojikmJojikm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I am currently preparing for CISSP, but afraid I can appear for exams before 01-Jan-2012. Are there any materials available for the new CISSP exam? I think the official guide itself is not updated.

Thanks,

Joji
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    I have a friend that works for ISC2 here in the Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg area, and the answer to your question is that the books, study material that you have now would be 100% useful for the 2012 exams. The exams are only being changed by 1% and that change is just the names of 2 domains.

Application Development Security to Software Development Security

Operations Security to Security Operations
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • hammy_mohhammy_moh Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone plz help me.
    I wanna start CISSP or maybe SSCP but i dunno which one could be flexible for my position !!
    i'm studying in IT bachelor and have CEH certificate .
    i just can prepare 2yeas expereince for that exam that i go for .
    now, which one could be better for me ?
    Really Appreciate it for quick response .
    If you don't have the professional work experience to get the full CISSP certification, the SSCP is usually the better option. At any time you can take the CISSP exam without having the required work experience, and this will make you an "Associate of the (ISC)2," but you cannot become fully CISSP certified until you have acquired the experience. Only having passed the CISSP exam probably won't get you into many interviews, but it's better than not having it.
  • hammy_mohhammy_moh Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear JDMurrayCould ya navigate me to some useful books for SSCP ?
    i wanna learn it perfectly and pass it . i really appreciate it.

Could ya gimme some INFO about the way of exam plz ?
    Regards.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You may like to check out the (ISC)2 site for some info on the SSCP exam:
    https://www.isc2.org/sscp/default.aspx

Also, you should be aware that the SSCP exam has changes effective January 31, 2012. The changes aren't drastic but some of the material may not be in the books you get to study with. This blog talks about some of the changes in the SSCP exam.
    Changes to (ISC)2 SSCP

Darril Gibson
    Blog
    Twitter
    hammy_moh wrote: »
    Dear JDMurrayCould ya navigate me to some useful books for SSCP ?
    i wanna learn it perfectly and pass it . i really appreciate it.

Could ya gimme some INFO about the way of exam plz ?
    Regards.
    Have a look at this: The SSCP Certification Experience | TechExams.net Blogs