Options

Network+ training

AU5AU5 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Need some recommendations on the best way to prepare for the Network+ exam. I work full time and go to school at night and I'm having trouble finding time to consistently stay on a good study plan. I have the Sybex Network+ guide and I've been outlining it in my spare time, but not a lot is sticking. I guess what I'm looking for are boot camp type classes or training programs/kits that are structured and provide interactive/hands on work. I've looked into testout, but that's about it.Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    I'd recommend cbt nuggets
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Testout (Labsim) was pretty much all I used and it was really good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AU5, it is admittedly difficult to study for certs while going to school....i found it better to keep focused on my net+ without any other distractions other than what was absolutely necessary ( ex : full time employment )...that aside, i used " exam prep : network + third edition " by mike harwood "....i highlighted all relevant concepts and made outlines from everything i highlighted ( after reading the book cover to cover, of course )...granted, that took FOREVER, but it prepped me pretty well...i did really well on the exam...i don't think most people have to go to the lengths i go to ( i do because i'm scatterbrained ), but i think you get my point....you need to find the time and your own personal preference when it comes to how you want to study...you can and WILL do it; you just need to make the time...you CAN do it...
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    i like mike meyer's book and also professor messer's free a plus training which is a site that you can google which is free
  • Options
    YamsYams Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wake up in the morning, knock out the three practice tests here. Takes 10 minutes. Do those until you can answer them in your sleep. Then do the same with Mike Meyers tests. Watch Professor Messers vids. But don't threat on the subnet masking as much. Learn how to implement VLANS, connect multiple switches, protocols for trouble shooting down servers, know the distances for cat3, 5, 6, fiber classes, understand NAT, and the different types of attacks, firewalls.

Seems like alot, but it comes easy once you have the practice tests here mastered.