Passed with a 936

mason1973mason1973 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 936

Thanks Johan, sikdogg et al for maintaining this forum. It really helps out having a group to bounce questions off of. This site's forum and technotes made the difference for me and cleared up a lot of issues I was having. I can't thank you enough.

Comments

• ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great Stuff mason1973! 936 is not too shabby at all icon_lol.gif
  • ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Fellas,

I'm new at this site. I'm working towards my CCNA Exam and suppose to take the exam in Aug15th. I'm wondering if you guys can give me some advise which might help me to increase the chance to pass the exam.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I assume you found our TechNotes and practice exams for the CCNA exam already, that's one place to start. But, tell us, what are you using to prepare?

Welcome btw ;)
    Thank you, I'm using Todd Lammle's book, Cisco Press book for preparation so far and I do have your notes also. what else do I need ?
    Todd Lammle's book is the best.

What you need is practice exams, plenty of 'em, there are many available for free, examforce demo with 100 questionsfor example, but a full product can make a lot of difference for a lot of people.

But what really helps is hands-on experience, from a job or in a home lab or a simulator even.
    Thanks again for your quick respond.

Just a quick question for you, when you configure RIP protocol, so why I have to change all IP's into 0. i.e 172.16.27.1, why would it chance to router rip 172.6.27.1 ? I'm kinda lost, I never worked on Cisco before... I am the new player in this game, and prob I would need your help in the future also.

Thanks a bunch.
    let me correct this, I meant, I have to change all IP's into 0. i.e 172.16.27.1, why would it change to router rip 172.6.27.0 ?

sorry for the typo..
    We'll try to answer any of your questions. Unfortunately I don't understand your last question icon_rolleyes.gif
  • andrew1andrew1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

172.16.27.1 is an IP address, 172.16 is the network 27.1 is the host.
    When you enable RIP you only specify the network for RIP ie. 172.16.0.0
    not the network and host.

cheers
    Thanks Andrew,

Does anyone know how many labs comes into the exam ? if you miss the all labs, so would you be able to pass the exam ?

thanks.
    1 to 3 sims in one exam usually. Don't worry too much about it, they are rather easy.
    webmaster wrote:
    Perhaps if you only get 1 sim and all other things right... but what's a CCNA that can't configure a router in such a basic manner...
    Thanx,

Which command will replace existing IP address to new IP Address ?

When do we use following command ?

no ip address command?
    clear ip address command ?

thanx..
  • Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Arocks wrote:
    Thanx,

Which command will replace existing IP address to new IP Address ?

When do we use following command ?

no ip address command?
    clear ip address command ?

thanx..
    Well, you would want to "erase" a network number and not an ip address.

After turning RIP on by issuing the router rip command in global config mode, you must tell the router which networks it's attached to, these attached networks will be sent to neighboring routers when RIP does an update.

Step 1: Turn RIP on
    config#>router rip

Step 2: Tell the router which networks it attached to and routing for:
    config-router#>network 185.16.0.0
    config-router#>network 185.32.0.0
    Todd Baugh
    Aspiring Network Tech
    Thanks Todd.

let me ask you another question, how can I replace an Old IP address to new Ip address? which command do i need to use ?

Also, does anyone know what is the diff b/w Public IP and Private IP? and how can I determine which one is public and Private? does anyone have the list of Public IPs and Private Ips.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.