Options

Planning on 70-680- couple basic questions

michalsz2michalsz2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody,
I have few questions; maybe somebody will find couple minutes to answer them.
I already know the drill.
Cert: Over Two years ago I got A+ 1st, and then Cisco CCNA 2nd (First attempt-2 points short- imagine that)
Background: For last few years I worked for couple IT support companies- regular staff- PC support, Domains, etc…)
After reading a little bit I came to the conclusion that Poulton’s book is the way to go, right?

I know that Networking, and most of everyday Windows 7 stuff shouldn’t give me problems.
Things I’m worrying about are Deployment and Commands.
I took Windows server at school, but at that point of my life I just slide thru it. (Baby, work...you know)
I didn’t learn much back then.
I know everybody in every profession don’t like particular parts of their job. For me it is Commands in Deployment, and virtual disc stuff, basically things that I ether never needed to do, or just a little.

Based on your experience, what you think is the best way to approach those things that you might not feel good about it?

Regards

Mike

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    michalsz2 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I have few questions; maybe somebody will find couple minutes to answer them.
    I already know the drill.
    Cert: Over Two years ago I got A+ 1st, and then Cisco CCNA 2nd (First attempt-2 points short- imagine that)
    Background: For last few years I worked for couple IT support companies- regular staff- PC support, Domains, etc…)
    After reading a little bit I came to the conclusion that Poulton’s book is the way to go, right?

I know that Networking, and most of everyday Windows 7 stuff shouldn’t give me problems.
    Things I’m worrying about are Deployment and Commands.
    I took Windows server at school, but at that point of my life I just slide thru it. (Baby, work...you know)
    I didn’t learn much back then.
    I know everybody in every profession don’t like particular parts of their job. For me it is Commands in Deployment, and virtual disc stuff, basically things that I ether never needed to do, or just a little.

Based on your experience, what you think is the best way to approach those things that you might not feel good about it?

Regards

Mike

While, I haven't used Poulton's book, I have heard it is good. Here's what I'd do:
    Download the exam objectives for reference.
    Get a copy of Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Enterprise for labbing.
    Since, the areas you are concerned about are deployment and commands, go through the book and practice deploying Windows 7, using MDT 2010, AIK, ImageX, DISM commands. Practice using VHD's, use the bcdedit commands to work with the VHD.
    Get a good practice exam engine to guage your knowledge later on.
    I found that using the 686 book helped me with the 680. Others have suggested using the 640 and 642, as well.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    My method for this exam has been ProfessorMesser.com videos and Don Poultons book, great combo if you ask me!