Just took the SSCP!

smashedpumpkinssmashedpumpkins Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took the SSCP today in Salt Lake City... I'm pretty confident I passed, but it's nerve racking anyways. My main materials of study were the ISC2 SSCP book and meeting with a group. Daily meetings for the past month over materials and questions. If I do pass I'll start studying in a few months for the CISSP. I already feel rather confident on CISSP material as well since a lot of the material and questions my group went over were CISSP. (Some took the CISSP today)

Anyways, the main reason I created this thread was because I was curious about my score. I'm under the impression that you don't get to see your score and you can't see where you were weak in. I saw a few threads that mentioned their score and I was wondering if that's only because they didn't pass or if there's something I don't know? I would love to know my weak areas for the CISSP exam. Thanks!
Fortune favors the brave.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    From the Exam Scoring FAQ at ISC2:

Q:

Can I find out how many questions I answered correctly?

A:
    (ISC)² does not report to candidates the number of questions they answered correctly or the overall percentage of questions they answered correctly; however; failing candidates are provided with the rank ordering of domains based on their percentage of questions answered correctly in each domain of the examination. This information is provided to assist failing candidates who would know the domains that they need to focus in their further study

• smashedpumpkinssmashedpumpkins Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    From the Exam Scoring FAQ at ISC2:
    I see, that's exactly what I've heard.

Any idea how this guy was able to know he failed with a 496? http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/70793-awaiting-results-took-exam-17th-september.html#post574056
    This guy also said he failed by 40 points. http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/68895-starting-study-again-cissp-nov-13th.html#post551757

They must have found some type of point system? Of course neither passed so that's probably linked to it as well somehow. I'd rather pass and not know :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The (ISC)2 will inform by email any candidates who fail what their score was and how they did per domain listed from best to worst (or is it worst to best?). Only if a candidate passes will they not be told their score, because "a pass is a pass."

There is no real advantage to knowing how the (ISC)2 exams are scored. They may use a system where exam items scored are weighted by level of difficulty, or all items may be worth the same number of points. You can't really determine how any given exam item is scored by looking at it.
  • CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SMashedpumpkins, I am hoping you did well. I took my SSCP on 28Oct2011 and was not prepared and feel like I will have to retake it...oh well, at least, I had an idea of the types of questions ---nothing like the questions I prepared for....uuughhh....but congrats to you in advance!
    CERTS4LADY wrote: »
    SMashedpumpkins, I am hoping you did well. I took my SSCP on 28Oct2011 and was not prepared and feel like I will have to retake it...oh well, at least, I had an idea of the types of questions ---nothing like the questions I prepared for....uuughhh....but congrats to you in advance!
    Best of luck to you too! I really hope I'm not being too over confident.
  • hammy_mohhammy_moh Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HOW i can take SSCP exam ?
    should i attend in training center ? can i do by self- study and just fill Eligibility form to earn certificate ?
    what's the basic of requirements ?
    Could you help me ?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hammy_moh wrote: »
    HOW i can take SSCP exam ?
    should i attend in training center ? can i do by self- study and just fill Eligibility form to earn certificate ?
    what's the basic of requirements ?
    Could you help me ?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=SSCP+ISC2
  • Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello hammy_moh,

I second the reading of "The SSCP Certification Experience" this will help you get an idea of what your up against before you making any decision.

Good Luck !!!!
    Tnx all, i saw The SSCP Certification Experience | TechExams.net Blogs and was enough useful.
    now i start it (First chapter : Access Control ), i start with " Amazon.com: The SSCP Prep Guide: Mastering the Seven Key Areas of System Security (9780471273516): Debra S. Isaac, Michael J. Isaac: Books " and " SSCP career academy " .
    it would be Good enough for SSCP exam or should start something more ?

i'd be glad for more suggestions .
    The SSCP Prep Guide is a good starting point but I would really solely on one book for your exam. I highly recommend you combine The Prep Guide with the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP to make sure nothing is left out.

Hope this helps
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You may also like to download the new candidate information bulletin (CIB) from here. These objectives change effective Feb 1, 2012. If you plan on taking it on or after Feb 1, make sure that you do a little research on the modified objectives which may not be in your current SSCP resources. The changes aren't drastic, but they are different. For example, the term Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) is included in the objectives of the new SSCP and CISSP CIBs but it's a relatively new term and it didn't appear in earlier objectives.

This blog outlines the changes on the SSCP objectives: Changes to (ISC)2 SSCP

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Security Tip Of Day on Twitter
    Tnx Guys for these Info. i wanna know when i passed SSCP exam and to next process whether is sending Application Form of a year experience, if they reject that, what will happen for my certificate ? i''l be reject in all ? I'll have chance to fill that again( APP form year experience ) or i'll lose my all stuff of exam that i passed ?? Regards all.
    Anyone can take the SSCP or CISSP exam without having the requisite professional experience. If you pass the exam, you will be awarded the "Associate of (ISC)2" designation. You then have six years to collect the experience you need for endorsement. You will also pay $35/year in AMF to keep yourself in "good standing."
    Heard back today, I passed! Now to send in the endorsement papers. Next up, CISSP.
    Heard back today, I passed! Now to send in the endorsement papers. Next up, CISSP.
    Congratulations on passing the SSCP exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. What materials did you use and how much experience do you have?
  • NotAnotherEndUserNotAnotherEndUser Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings All:
    Passed my SSCP exam. Took it in late June. Took 4 weeks for results. The accreditation process to another 4 weeks. The test question are very, very vague. The wait is what killed me. I have 8 years working with DoD system and still did not feel good walking out after taking the test. The way I look at it is the SSCP is more on the technicial end where CISSP is management.
    Looking over the CISSP now. Any question...Please reply
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Greetings All:
    Passed my SSCP exam. Took it in late June. Took 4 weeks for results. The accreditation process to another 4 weeks. The test question are very, very vague. The wait is what killed me. I have 8 years working with DoD system and still did not feel good walking out after taking the test. The way I look at it is the SSCP is more on the technicial end where CISSP is management.
    Looking over the CISSP now. Any question...Please reply
    Congratulations on the pass and welcome to the forum.

Darril Gibson
    Security Tip Of Day on Twitter
    Congrats on the pass !!!!