Passed EX200!!

ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Woohoo!! passed the EX200 yesterday, I am now a RHCSA.

As for study material it was alot. Community College course, Redhat book by Asghar Ghori, RHCSA and RHCE cert guide and lab manual by Damian Tommasino aka NightShade on this forum, and Mike Jangs RHCSA/RHCE study guide.

Finished with almost an hour to spare. Used about 25 min double checking answers.
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Comments

• pety22pety22 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

congratulations!

I'm going to take the same exam in one week...

I have one question regarding the exam (Install Red Hat systems as virtual quests).

What was the installation source for the newly created VM (ftp,http,...) ?

Thanks in advance
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work mate. I hope to join the RHCSA team soon.

How was your experience with RHCSA in comparison to your CCNA? Harder? Easier? No comparison?
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

Pety22- I really can't disclose any exam info. The exam objectives are pretty accurate from Redhats website.

CheesyBread-The RHCSA is different cause its all hands on. You either know it or you don't.

If you know the material its easy if you don't its harder.Only way to pass this in my opinion is to practice,practice. Before you take the test go over the exam objectives and make sure you can put a check next to all or most of the objectives.
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ironlung wrote: »
    Thanks!

Pety22- I really can't disclose any exam info. The exam objectives are pretty accurate from Redhats website.

CheesyBread-The RHCSA is different cause its all hands on. You either know it or you don't.

If you know the material its easy if you don't its harder.Only way to pass this in my opinion is to practice,practice. Before you take the test go over the exam objectives and make sure you can put a check next to all or most of the objectives.

Sounds good. I've been working with Solaris for 4 years so most basic administration tasks are second nature for me. I think a hands on lab testing environment is superior to a bunch of multiple choice questions.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Sounds good. I've been working with Solaris for 4 years so most basic administration tasks are second nature for me. I think a hands on lab testing environment is superior to a bunch of multiple choice questions.

I took the exam with a background similar to yours, pay attention to simple things in Red Hat specially with user administration, some odd differences are there between Solaris and Red Hat
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How much RH/linux did you have before taking the exam?
    Thanks!

Bl8ckr0uter- about 2 years Unix SA exp.
  • notquitecertifiablenotquitecertifiable Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. In a last minute attempt to spend the training budget for the year I'm being sent on the RHCSA course in and exam in two weeks time so seeing your list of reading material is helpful. I've now got Mike Jangs RHCSA/RHCE study guide on order.
    Thanks.

Good move. Mike Jang's book was essential for me.