Options

Passed my Secutiy+ Today.

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
Just passed my Sec+ today the 301 version. A lot easier then I thought it was. Next is SCNS.
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• Options
    IRJesusIRJesus Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What made you decide on the SCNS and SCNP certs? They are not well known at all. If its for DoD compliance then there are other certs out there that are better. Just curious why you choose those.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! I see you are so excited that mixed up the cert in the thread's title. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Congrats on the pass. What made you decide on the SCNS and SCNP certs? They are not well known at all. If its for DoD compliance then there are other certs out there that are better. Just curious why you choose those.

I was fairly certain those certs were retired?

Edit: Guess they're still active. I was sure I read that they were no longer being developed. There hasn't been a press release on their site since 2009.

http://www.gocertify.com/certification/SecurityCertifiedSCNP.shtml
    http://www.securitycertified.net/About---News-(1)/Press--Releases.aspx

Edit2: Found it, http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/50211-scns-my-impressions.html
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on pass and nice profile pic!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    QHalo wrote: »
    I was fairly certain those certs were retired?

Edit: Guess they're still active. I was sure I read that they were no longer being developed. There hasn't been a press release on their site since 2009.

Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) Certification Information
    Security Certified Program - Press Releases

Edit2: Found it, http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/50211-scns-my-impressions.html

I would still say its dead from the looks of things. Sounds like people are buying study material from them and never getting it. They also cant verify passing the tests because SCP no longer exists pretty much.
  • Options

Yeah it is for DoD... what would you suggest?
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    Well a good one would be SSCP if you dont have a lot of money. If you got money or work is paying for it then maybe GSEC. the SSCP has an annual maintenance fee but cost less to take and get study material for. Also I believe the CEH is now DoD compliant.

So you need to figure out what $$$ you have to spend and what interests you and decide then where to go next.
  • Options
    ajparkerajparker Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the sec+..I plan on taking it in a couple months..what books did u use for study material for the new 301 version?
  • Options
    Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. The SSCP is defiantly a good starting point for certs that are DOD compliant. If you have enough money and experience i would shoot for CISSP,CEH, or GSEC.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    beingcertifiedbeingcertified Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. I took mine last week and passsed! I work for the government also, but in the requirements for me in my job as an ISSO, I only had to pass one exam and be certified, but I'm still going for Network plus this month and then ITIL because ITIL is another job requirement. Good luck!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.