70-298 booked next Monday

Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm sitting 298 next Monday. If anyone has some extra add. resources or tips, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
"Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
2013/2014 Certifications
CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Watch your time management here. Read through the answers and then look through the information given to find the Microsoft way. Once you finish up the testlet, you can't go back and change your answers.
  • jfmcaninchjfmcaninch Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Jarhead2011! The last test in the road for your MCSE 2003. You are I were marching along the 2K3 track almost together at the same time. Although I didn't do this exam I have experience with Windows 2000 testlets. I usually like to read the question once quickly to identify fluff then review the possible answers then re-read what I really need to focus on and then eliminate the totally wrong answer then eliminate the one that looks close but the syntax makes it wrong.

We are all crossing fingers and toes.
    Currently studying for 70-410 hoping to write June 2016 with end goal of MCSE:Server Infrastructure
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you haven't already, get some practice questions. If you aren't ready for it (and a lot of times even if you are) the new format is quite the curveball.

Good Luck!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys.
    The new format is quite something getting used to. I have some practice questions, it just takes a while getting it done.icon_study.gif
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you are going this far for your MCSE, why not add another MS security exam and the Security+ and get the MCSE Security specialization? Best wishes on the exam.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    Failed the 298 exam. Was out of time on 3 out of 9 testlets with 55 Questions.
    The format is actually not that bad rather the amount of time given to work it through.
    First exam where I didn't had the change to double check answers, and few last second random answer choices,
    so that I filled in atleast all the questions.
    2013/2014 Certifications

• Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. icon_sad.gif I've failed this exam twice so far. I'm hoping the third time will be the charm. I can identify with you. I ran out of time on one of the testlets during my first attempt. The second attempt I still felt very pressed for time. The only thing I can do now in preparation for my third attempt is to concentrate on the areas on which I did poorly. Are you using practice exams to prepare? If so, which ones are you using? Transcender seems to be a decent one in my opinion. Best of luck to you on your second attempt! I'm sure you will knock it out of the park this time! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How was your score?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    I got 659
    2013/2014 Certifications

• RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got 659

Ooh very close you will get it next time!

Sorry to hear you didnt pass....this test beats mostly everyone (failed 2x I think too before knocking it out the 3rd time)
    Writing this exam on 21/11 again.
    2013/2014 Certifications

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on next attempt!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63