I need help please guys!

xodiaxodia Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just sat my A+ exam and I didin't pass. I got 478. I was just wondering in the exam when you leave answers marked and you've answered them, do they still count those?

And I just want to say that the exam had no pictures that you had to identify. I studied off the Exam cram 2 book(self study). Most of the stuff I studied wasn't even on the exam.

On my A+ score report it says "You missed one or more questions in the following objective ares." What does that mean. I answered all of the questions.

Thanks!

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Marked questions should not count against you. Questions that you didn't answer simply means incorrect areas that you need to brush up on a little bit before you take the exam again. Also I would recommend Mike Myers all-in-one book. Good luck!!!
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check this website out. Go to the Comptia section and click on A+ Core and A+ software. Definately get a copy of the Mike Meyers book. How much studying did you do?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, you were not too far off from a pass.

Review the objectives again, if there is anything that you're not 100% sure of, then we'll help you in the forums. Otherwise, take a little more time and try again.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • MehuelMehuel Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey ya mate, everyones talking about the mike myers book have you read through it? ill be doing my a+core very soon so i think i should invest asap in the book!
    M 3 1 1 U E L

PC SOLUTIONS
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everybody guesses on some questions. It's too bad you didn't have a little better luck on those, you could have squeaked out a pass.

I haven't yet heard anyone rave about Exam Cram's stuff. I read one of their books and became more confused than I was when I started. There was a lot of stuff in that book that contridicts itself!

I think Mike Meyers is the way to go. I haven't taken the test yet, but after reading Meyers' "All In One" I sure understand computers a lot better.

Good Luck! :D
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • xodiaxodia Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for your help. I'm going to study a bit harder this time and get that book by Mike Myers. I see that most people are recommending it.

Thanks all!

God Bless!
  • wayzerwayzer Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xodia wrote:
    I just sat my A+ exam and I didin't pass. I got 478. I was just wondering in the exam when you leave answers marked and you've answered them, do they still count those?

Let me ask this question in relation to the first post in this thread.

What is ment by if you leave answers left marked? And about them not counting against you? I know I might have not asked this clearly, but hopefully someone understands the question.

Thanks

Brad