Good news for home labbers

QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
Investigating the options to bring back VMTN Subscriptions! - Yellow Bricks
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/335123

This is very good news for those with home labs or those who wish to work with the tools but hate having to rebuild their lab every 60 days.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Definitely a step in the right direction. Redoing the lab every 60 days sucks, no matter how easy it may be.
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    I was not "in the scene" when this was available the last go around. What kind of price points did they have going?
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I see the community asking to bring it back... I don't see anything from VMware saying they are even considering it yet. So what is there to get excited about at this point?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Based on the role the community played on the vSphere 5 licensing fiasco and the fact that Duncan Epping got some quasi official feedback at least we know they are aware and are considering it. Plus it makes total sense to revive the program and empower us VMware evangelists.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Investigation into bring it back it better than flat out saying no. Glass-half full my friend.
  • rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you guys know where I can download Vcenter 5 and get a 60 day trial key? I don't see link on vmware's website. I have Esxi5.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    There's a tab underneath the download box for ESXi that says "Download the Management Server". That has the Vcenter installation. There's no key for the trial. It just runs as a demo after you install it.
  • rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I will definitely look for that.