MCSA or MCSE

ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Fellas

I need your advice. I need to start MS Certs, but I'm confuse which one should I do.. I want a do MCSA, but I'v heard that MCSA2003 is the latest certs. So my question is from you guys. .which Certs should I go for ? MCSA or MCSA2003 ?

which certs has most market value ?

Thanks

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good question. I guess it depends on what opportunities are around in your locale. Myself I decided to go for MCSA as the local employers do differentiate between Administrator & Engineer.
    Next step for me will be to turn that into MCSA + Security. Next year I will do the exam to make that a 2003 certification.
    I think perhaps MSCA and then going for CCNA would be a very good option in a lot of cases.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, MCSA 2000 then upgrade it latr on...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks RussS,

So basically you are saying that I should go for MCSA, and then do CCNA ?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA is possibly a good option after MCSA. I guess it really depends on what is needed in your area.
    Read the job ads and note what certs are asked for then make a decision on where you would like to go with your study. Some people say Cisco certs are not necessary but other demand them.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Gilberto LandaetaGilberto Landaeta Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear friends:
    I am very much interested in studying for the MCSE by myself. Can somebody tell me whether there is some free material I can get from Internet to start doing this task ?.
    I am formally studying for the CCNA and we have modules (1 to 4) with the information we require for this exam. I want to know whether Microsoft has something similar for the MCSE. If not, What kind of information can I get ?.
    Thanks for this help.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I am very much interested in studying for the MCSE by myself. Can somebody tell me whether there is some free material I can get from Internet to start doing this task ?.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/ms.shtml

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/traincert